Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My dumb self decided to improperly ratchet down a long kayak to my trailer. It dented my tailgate and then broke the rear tailgate glass. I cannot find that glass piece anywhere on eBay, only side pieces. Is this possible to replace or would I be better off replacing the entire tailgate? So far I can see that the rear wiper would need to be removed along with the defrost connectors. White seems to be a hard color to find in the junkyards.

Appreciate you all!

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
348 Posts
I would try an automotive glass replacement company. They usually have good leads on getting glass for replacement. Might even be able to get you a used one for cheap. Or you could try to find one at a junkyard. You might have to pay a small fee to have them remove it, but it would be worth it!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
I would try an automotive glass replacement company. They usually have good leads on getting glass for replacement. Might even be able to get you a used one for cheap.
^^^ I second that. Call a few automotive glass repair places to see what price range you're looking at.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,329 Posts
I bust my glass with a well aimed stone from my lawn tractor. I got a glass shop to replace it as it’s “complicated “.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts