Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a pilot with a ton of miles on it. It drives alright for the mileage, but the passenger side tail lights have no power to them. The brake light and reverse lights work just not the tail light. I took pig tail and plugged it into drivers side after replacing bulbs and all bulbs lit up normally but have no 12vdc for tail lights on just passenger side, driver side works. Anyone have similar issues or thoughts on the matter?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently picked up a pilot with a ton of miles on it. It drives alright for the mileage, but the passenger side tail lights have no power to them. The brake light and reverse lights work just not the tail light. I took pig tail and plugged it into drivers side after replacing bulbs and all bulbs lit up normally but have no 12vdc for tail lights on just passenger side, driver side works. Anyone have similar issues or thoughts on the matter?
I have a 2007 Pilot and the same thing just happened to me. The passenger side tail lights aren’t getting power. I checked the fuses and one of the 7.5 amp fuses under the rear compartment panel for the trailer lights was blown. I replaced the fuse and the trailer lights work fine, but the passenger tail lights are still out.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,367 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can't recall if those bulbs and dual filament, but you might check if that is the issue. If you have a multimeter use that instead of eyeballing it.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I have a 2007 Pilot and the same thing just happened to me. The passenger side tail lights aren’t getting power. I checked the fuses and one of the 7.5 amp fuses under the rear compartment panel for the trailer lights was blown. I replaced the fuse and the trailer lights work fine, but the passenger tail lights are still out.
No power to the tail lights and a blown fuse on the trailering circuit could be a clue for rodent damage, damaged/cut wire as well as a short. Fuses generally don't blow all by themselves so start the wiring search there. As mentioned there are specific fuses for the tail lights that should be tested.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,860 Posts
To that end...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts