Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just picked up a 2003 Honda pilot with 150k on it. The speedometer or tach don't work and the temp sensor. Would it most likely be bad speed sensor and temp sensor? Also when going from 2nd to 3rd it drops in rough, so I feel like it would be speed sensor as rest of everything is fine. Any input is appreciated

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Have you had the diagnostic codes reads by a Honda specific code reader for the shifting issue? The first things which come to mind are dirty fluid, old pressure switches, or some tranny filter screens which are clogged. I know codes get reported for the failing pressure switches. I believe @STMech did some work on the tranny screens and solenoids.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum.

Have you had the diagnostic codes reads by a Honda specific code reader for the shifting issue? The first things which come to mind are dirty fluid, old pressure switches, or some tranny filter screens which are clogged. I know codes get reported for the failing pressure switches. I believe @STMech did some work on the tranny screens and solenoids.
It is not throwing a cel yet. I'll hit him up see what he recommends. I'm not very familiar with Honda's unfortunately, we don't do alot of work on them at our shop.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
That's 'cause they're (usually) so darn good! I'm lookin' at you, Jeeps and FCA. :p

·
Registered
187 Posts
Multiple simultaneous failures are highly unlikely unless there is a root cause. There is an infinitely greater probability that there is a single common underlying cause.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
A little light reading to tide you over.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts