Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Tal and Hadas warehouse in Brooklyn where I picked up and had installed my brand new single pipe rear bumper bar.

The only bar they had available for the Pilots and MDXs were stainless steel, and since all of the other bars on my truck were black, that was not an option. I had the guys over at AutoSeattle.com special order me a black bar.

From start to finish, the order process took about 2 months (they had to make it, ship it, go through customs, etc), but it was well worth the wait.

The install took about 15 minutes (this included modifying an MDX bracket to fit).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
picture 1

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shows the clearance between bar and bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rear

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can see where the guy modified the bracket (right by that circle - the L-shaped part was hitting the muffler) . They're gonna send me the proper bracket once it comes in, so I could use this one for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
killrbeez said:
Just got back from the Tal and Hadas warehouse in Brooklyn where I picked up and had installed my brand new single pipe rear bumper bar.

The only bar they had available for the Pilots and MDXs were stainless steel, and since all of the other bars on my truck were black, that was not an option. I had the guys over at AutoSeattle.com special order me a black bar.

From start to finish, the order process took about 2 months (they had to make it, ship it, go through customs, etc), but it was well worth the wait.

The install took about 15 minutes (this included modifying an MDX bracket to fit).
That looks like a perfect accessory for me, my car is parked in shopping center parking lot all day. It will keep the carts and other things from scraping up my bumper. I already have a gash the size of a quarter, that I had to touch up.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If you don't mind my asking, what was the $ damage, including installation?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Looks Good! I like the way your Thule rack matches your paint!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I LOVE IT. NEED MORE INFO. PART#, PRICE, AND CONTACT.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Part Info

Sorry for the lack of information in the previous posts.

Here is everything I have:

Tal and Hadas Single Pipe Bumper

P/N: 60244909 - black (it's listed in the catalog for the 00+ MDX)

Price: $179 (didnt pay for shipping because I picked it up from their warehouse in Brooklyn)

Installation: Free. The guys at T&H wanted to test fit the bar on the Pilot. Don't think they ever tried it on a Pilot before. Hey, who am I to argue?

Its a very, VERY easy installation (if you have the correct passenger-side bracket). I'm serious when I said it should only take 10 - 15 minutes to install. 4 bolts for the mounting brackets and 4 other bolts to attach the bar to the brackets. No cutting, no modifications, nada.

I ordered it from url=http://www.autoseattle.com][AutoSeattle.com[/url]. The salesman I dealt with was Steve. Even though it seemed like I called him every other day, he was still extremely helpful and apologetic when the part was delayed for the 347290365346th time :D

I'm gonna probably order their bullbar as well. Definitely alot more beefier than the Westin bar I have on now. We test fitted the bar off of an MDX and it seemed to fit perfectly as well. I'm hoping to order and then install by next weekend.

If there is anything else you guys need, let me know.

Now back to watching the US GP :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
The rear bars look really good and I'm thinking about getting them. Can you also fit the honda tow hitch with the rear bars and if so, which one do you screw on last, assuming that they both share the same bolt holes (maybe they don't).

Also I've looked at the T and H website and the bracket you've mentioned for the pilot is not listed. Is that part of the package when you order from them?

Ace

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After looking at the trailer hitch instructions on the hondacuraworld site, i noticed that they both use the same mounting points.

I'm guessing, if you really want both of them on the Pilot, you would have to put the bar on first, and then put spacers between the bar bracket and the trailer hitch.

I'll try to take measurements of the bracket to see how much room you would need (once it stops raining)

The mounting bracket comes with the bar when you buy it, that's probably why it's not listed.

·
Registered
409 Posts
At First...but then...

At first I was thinking that killrbeez was a little crazy for buying a bumper for his Pilot bumper. Then I remembered we have already paid $1100.00 to fix the same area this protects.

Thanks for sharing killrbeez....and yes I am now thinking I need one of these too.

Don:4:

·
Registered
27 Posts
killrbeez said:
After looking at the trailer hitch instructions on the hondacuraworld site, i noticed that they both use the same mounting points.

I'm guessing, if you really want both of them on the Pilot, you would have to put the bar on first, and then put spacers between the bar bracket and the trailer hitch.

I'll try to take measurements of the bracket to see how much room you would need (once it stops raining)

The mounting bracket comes with the bar when you buy it, that's probably why it's not listed.
Hi killrbeez - just wondering whether you ever mounted the hitch with the T&H bumper. I'd looked at several options with no luck (westin - no stock, waag - won't work). If so how were they mounted (ie hitch first or second)?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
killrbeez said:
Your sig also mentions that you have the T&L Front Bull Bar with PIAA's... Care to share a pic, or two, with us? :D

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a picture of the bar on my Pilot (along with my new flares)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts