Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm feeling so discouraged right now. I've read so many stories that sound just like mine. I purchased a used 2016 Honda Pilot Touring 2 months ago. It has about 75000 miles on it. Last week it jerk and all these warnings started to display. I took it to the dealer. They replaced the wheel bearing and told me I need to get the transmission serviced and have the transmission relearned.(whatever that means). Interetingly enough he never addressed the warning signals issue. I will be asking about the service bulletin you all are referring to. I purchased the bumper to bumper max coverage extended warranty. Do you think it would be covered?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I know those 3rd party warranties can be tricky. No firsthand experience, but they usually stipulate to call the warranty provider to negotiate what they will cover before paying for it yourself, otherwise they may deny to pay claiming it was unnecessary. Repairs that have a TSB may be an easier sell (I hope!).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know those 3rd party warranties can be tricky. No firsthand experience, but they usually stipulate to call the warranty provider to negotiate what they will cover before paying for it yourself, otherwise they may deny to pay claiming it was unnecessary. Repairs that have a TSB may be an easier sell (I hope!).
I called the warranty company. Its covered. The caviot is the dealership has to diagnose it as being the issue. If they dont the warranty wont cover it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the warranty company. Its covered. The caviot is the dealership has to diagnose it as being the issue. If they dont the warranty wont cover it.
Update. They told me the CEL warning signals were due to the wheel bearing and not the fuel injectors even though I mentioned the TSB regarding the error. They did tell me I need to get the transmission serviced and relearned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts