Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my pilot on order (2004 EX Silver) and have been trying to figure out what it means to have Synchronized Climate Control? I presume that it does not have Dual climate (or personalized climate zones)

Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Synchronized Climate Controls

At least in the EX there are two separate A/C and heating units. One for the front and one on the back of the center console for the rear. When operated normally, the front and back blow the same temperature, therefore synchronized. There is a button on the dash that allows the rear unit to operate at a more independent level and change the temperature of the air several degrees either warmer or cooler than the front setting.

It isn't entirely independent as you can only adjust the temperature in the back a few degrees differently than the front. I don't remember exactly; but I think the variation allowed is about 5 degrees different than the front. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Here's a thread with details on the operation of the climate controls (front and rear).

The manual claims that the rear control will adjust up to 21°F higher or lower than the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts