Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen any recent posts on switching to LEDs but getting tired of replacing Sylvania bulbs on a variety of Hondas that we have in our home fleet. Definitely wanting something brighter in all our vehicles. Been reading that a lot of the LED 3rd party replacements may or may not work well due to them not projecting light in the same patterns as the OEMs. Was just wondering if anyone had any specific LED bulbs that they've used with great success? What brand, application, price, etc. Vehicle needing bulbs immediately is our 2006 Pilot but also have 2005 & 2006 CRVs to upgrade. On the Pilot also interested in replacement LED bulbs for the map lights and overhead. Any recommendations from actual users would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
This gives you an idea of which bulbs tend to be better engineered...

I personally have used the Supernova V3 and V4 in both reflector and projector headlights for multiple bulb types with success in all situations. I have also used the "knock off" version of Supernova sold through Amazon under the name Nineo. They have been excellent and I would highly recommend both.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I put the sylvania leds from Oreillys. Little expensive but I have no regrets. Could I have bought some other brands from Amazon for a fraction of the price? Of course. I’m just getting to that phase in my life where I only want to do a job once.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,863 Posts
Was just wondering if anyone had any specific LED bulbs that they've used with great success? What brand, application, price, etc.
I'm preaching as a recent convert.
Smile Font Electric blue Art Symmetry

I was finally won over to swap in some LEDs now that their design has matured. I'm quite happy with them, as a matter of fact, because not only are they nice and bright, of course (10,000 lumens), but they are designed so a conscientious installer can aim them well and get a clean cutoff. I did it up against a garage door, and if I can do it, so can any other bozo out there.

Low beams:

High beams:

The aversion is to bozos who can't be bothered to get good ones or install them so that don't scatter light and think they own the night because they can make people they "share" the road with squint and swear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which Sylvania headlight bulbs have you been using?
- Mainly been replacing H1 XtraVision bulbs on the CRVs. 3-4 this year alone. Was noticing how dim my Pilot low beams were and then one of them just blew. Losing trust in Sylvania. Going to try and get the H1s replaced under warranty to have some spares but definitely want an upgrade on the Pilot now.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Mainly been replacing H1 XtraVision bulbs on the CRVs. 3-4 this year alone. Was noticing how dim my Pilot low beams were and then one of them just blew. Losing trust in Sylvania. Going to try and get the H1s replaced under warranty to have some spares but definitely want an upgrade on the Pilot now.
Is the CRV's electrical system and battery in good condition so that the bulbs are getting the full voltage?
Do you ever start the vehicle with the headlights already turned on?

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
+1 on the Fahren. What I got.

Dome light link is at the end of the post above yours.

Do you ever start the vehicle with the headlights already turned on?
Quite frequently. Why?

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
What happens to the voltage applied to the headlight bulbs as you crank the engine?
Goes down a tad then comes right back up. I can monitor it on my not-a-cigarette-lighter...

Product Fluid Font Audio equipment Gadget

1 - 12 of 12 Posts