Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I'm interested in swapping the driver's electric cloth seat from an EX into my LX. I'm curious if anyone here has done it, the biggest question I have is regarding the electrical, whether or not the connector(s?) is(are?) the same? I haven't looked yet but I assume my current seat connector(s) will only handle sensors and airbag stuff, and the electric seat will at a minimum have another connector for motor power... but I don't know that for sure. It's not impossible that the connector could be the same either. So it would be nice to hear someone that knows more about it than I.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,329 Posts
What I’d do, I’d find a katzskin installer near you. That’s all they do. Flipping cloth to leather in the style you want. Probably even add heated seats

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I’d do, I’d find a katzskin installer near you. That’s all they do. Flipping cloth to leather in the style you want. Probably even add heated seats
I honestly don't want leather, I hate leather interior. All I want is an electrically adjustable seat for my wife's convenience, since she's much shorter than I am and has a harder time with the manual adjustments. I've even thought about looking into buying the OEM seat base parts if the rest of the seat is the same between the two... I need to look online and compare part numbers. But I imagine that would be much more expensive than buying a take-out seat from a wrecker.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,329 Posts
I get it. Sorry.

What I hope is that the seat’s functionality is entirely self contained, with no external ecu. Just power.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get it. Sorry.

What I hope is that the seat’s functionality is entirely self contained, with no external ecu. Just power.
Yeah, you make a good point there, I hadn't considered that the control switches might go back to the BCM. It's actually pretty likely that it's the case now that you mention it.
I could still make it work using a microcontroller like an arduino or something to that effect, but I'm not sure it's worth that much effort honestly.

Thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
Depending on what model and year your seats are coming from. if it is a regular EX model with no memory seat capability, then I believe the seats are only powered by a constant power and you should see only 2 wires (1 body ground and 1 positive), If this is coming from a model with memory seat, then you will need the ecu.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,876 Posts
You know Mothers Day is around the corner and you say it is for the wife's convenience...........

Problem solved,,,,,all except the payments. 😁

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
Lol my wife would be so mad at me. We've only owned the 2018 for 6 days.
At least it's 6 days, I took my whole dash off to install the CD player I bought ahead of time the next morning we took the car home late afternoon. The bad, the car won't start after I put everything back. Luckily it was just the Start/Stop plug :LOL:
I heard about it every single time I try to touch the car specially when I took the bumper off to install an LED bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts