Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

SWAPED A J35A7 FOR A J35A9. RUNS FINE BUT CODE P2647

3775 19
So I bought a used 2006 Honda pilot awd with a bad motor. found a good deal on a used engine. I did not know at the time that the motor in my pilot was a j35a9 and that the engine I purchased was a j35a7. since the heads were different I swapped the heads and installed a new belt and water pump at that time.

Now since the pilot didn't run when I got it I don't know if it had any previous problems. the engine went in fine and runs well with no noises or anything. My only problem now is that I have a reoccurring p2647 code.

I have checked the oil level (obviously) it is okay. My oil pressure at the oil pressure switch is above 65psi. The VTEC pressure switch switches from on to off when revving the engine above 2200rpm. The VTEC solenoid will not switch from off to on. There seems to be no command from the pcm/ecu.

I have swapped the entire VTEC housing and switches with known good parts with no change. I also swapped in a known good PCM/ECU with no change.

Has anyone run into this problem or done this swap? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks