Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Honda Pilot. My drivers side window was accidentally busted by a neighbor mowing. safelight cane out and replaced window. When he was finishing, i had a family emergency and was gone for 2weeks so i wasnt abke to check. (I calked but they said i had to notify them right away). I was putting fogx on the windows when the drivers window fell into the door. Then the nightmare Started. Door wont open. Trust me, three different mechanics would not even try or it was over 600 to fix. All other doors open fine. My brother tried to fix but made it worse. I still love my brother but rather than try to get someone else, i just decided to buy another door. Color doesn't matter but i just need the door to open. Two questions 1) can i use a. 2006 Pilot drivers side (power)) door for my 2007 pilot. 2) most important-can the door he taken off without it being able to open?
thanks! I have a job interview and i need reliable transportation. Living off my savings so at this point, i am a bit desperate.
THANK YOU for any advice.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,894 Posts
While my SWAG would be that the door from those years would be interchangeable, I'm struggling to think of a way to remove the old one that doesn't open without things getting pretty messy and risking further damage.

Perhaps our resident rebuild guru @Nail Grease can cast a little wisdom our way. :)

BTW, welcome to the forum and hope you get that job! :)

·
Registered
Glorificatus Oleum Mutante
12,420 Posts
I have actually replaced a drivers side window on a 2012 Crosstour. Simply remove the door handle and panel to access the window. Lower the window mount (for lack of the correct word) into position to access the 2 bolts that hold window to the mount. It's likely these holes broke out some how and you need another window. I learned how to replace the glass on YouTube. Bought a used glass from www.car-part.com
There is no reason I can think of to need to replace the whole door. If there are broken parts, harvest them from the door you bought if the doors are a match.

Reactions: aggrex and plplplpl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While my SWAG would be that the door from those years would be interchangeable, I'm struggling to think of a way to remove the old one that doesn't open without things getting pretty messy and risking further damage.

Perhaps our resident rebuild guru @Nail Grease can cast a little wisdom our way. :)

BTW, welcome to the forum and hope you get that job! :)
thank you for the advice....i thought the same thing about about opening it without damage. Its got over 200k so Amelia has been there for me (omg she does great in the snow) a very long time. And thank u for the kind words. I had quit my job one year ago to help my parents (alzheimers) sell their home, sell things, find a good place and finally, i think they r in a good place and now im back in the employee pool cuz my savings r almost gone. So i needed the easiest and cheapest thing for me. thank u for ur time in answering my question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have actually replaced a drivers side window on a 2012 Crosstour. Simply remove the door handle and panel to access the window. Lower the window mount (for lack of the correct word) into position to access the 2 bolts that hold window to the mount. It's likely these holes broke out some how and you need another window. I learned how to replace the glass on YouTube. Bought a used glass from www.car-part.com
There is no reason I can think of to need to replace the whole door. If there are broken parts, harvest them from the door you bought if the doors are a match.
Thank you. You make it sound easy...i will show my brother (i still talk to him even though my Inside of the door is a sight to see now-he tried his best haha) i will take some photo's to show. Thank u for answering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a how to video on how to replace the window regulator and probably anything else needed while your in there

I am going to watch today and sent the link to my brother. I know he said he found videos and tried to follow them...he said there were many out there but maybe he didn't see this one. Thank you for replying.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,378 Posts
I don’t think you’ll get the door off without opening it up, since the hinges are inaccessible without the door being open.
Your better bet may be to attempt to pull the inner door panel off so that you can get to and remove the broken glass that may not be allowing the door to open.

You may have to remove the driver seat in order to gain sufficient access to the inner door panel since you can’t open the door. But perhaps the first thing to try will be remove the inner door handle and window switch control panel (if I remember correctly those come off before you can remove the door panel). Then see if you can stick your phone’s camera or a borescope into there to determine what is not allowing the door to open.

And welcome to the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts