Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Pilot Ex-L w/ 90k Miles. Ive been dealing with this issue for years now. Turning to the left or right emits a noise similar to a worn CV Joint.
I've taken it to the dealer and they state the boots are fine, no leaking grease etc. Recently as of 2 weeks ago I had them look at it again while they were replacing the airbag ( airbag recall )
Again, no problem.

My friends sister has a pilot and while I was with her I spoke about this to my friend and she chimed in that she had a similar noise and the dealer replaced the strut bearings in the front which resolved the issue.
I assume since its a bearing they will eventually need replacement. I'd purchase entire OEM strut assembly but i'd rather not fork out 650 right now. Replacing the bearing would be feasible for me at this time.

Has anyone heard or encountered a strut bearing problem/replacement?
I cant find my spring compressors so I might just have an independent shop change them out when I replace my tires this weekend.

Thank for reading. Have a great day all!

·
Registered
603 Posts
If I were paying a shop labor to pull my struts and springs, I would absolutely have them install new quickstruts from KYB or better yet, Bilstein.

Auto parts stores will loan you the spring compressors for free, FYI.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I replaced the struts in my 2003 at 210k miles. They were loose and well worn, and the top bearing was noisy. Of course, you can just replace the bearing on your Pilot, but at 90k, might be time for the whole strut.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I were paying a shop labor to pull my struts and springs, I would absolutely have them install new quickstruts from KYB or better yet, Bilstein.

Auto parts stores will loan you the spring compressors for free, FYI.
Thank for the recommendation. I'll stick to the OEM struts and since I do have 90k miles on it. Might be safer to just the entire set. Just didnt want to spend more money so soon since im replacing the tires this weekend.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the struts in my 2003 at 210k miles. They were loose and well worn, and the top bearing was noisy. Of course, you can just replace the bearing on your Pilot, but at 90k, might be time for the whole strut.
You confirmation convinced me to just get new strut assemblies. Should take me no more than 1 hour to replace em all.
Might as well start soaking the bolts with PB Blaster

thank you

·
Registered
557 Posts
On my 2010, we replaced the front struts around the 80k mark. We were noticing a rumble strip sound from the top bearing plte. But it also wasn't rebounding well - too bouncy - so it wasn't just the bearing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts