Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 29,000 mile 2016 occasionally has a kind of clunk noise when I am starting out and turning. seems to be coming form the right side front.

any thoughts on this?

·
Banned
157 Posts
A clunk from the front suspension when turning is caused by the MacPherson strut top bearing binding, resulting in winding or unwinding force on the spring which makes it skip as the tension releases when it overcomes the friction of the seized bearing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A clunk from the front suspension when turning is caused by the MacPherson strut top bearing binding, resulting in winding or unwinding force on the spring which makes it skip as the tension releases when it overcomes the friction of the seized bearing.
I have been experiencing this annoying clunk for some time. It’s not the ABS or brake-related.
Is there a solution to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am experiencing this clunking consistently on low speed and upon turning on the front left. The dealership already replaced the strut and was gone. After a day the clunking came back. And when I returned to the dealership the service manager told me that he cannot do anything to make the noise go away because it is normal. The clunking is annoying and i am really disappointed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts