Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a coincidence. As I'm browsing this forum I get a call from American Honda. They are taking a survey about my dealer experience. They didn't ask any questions about the Pilot itself other than if I had any problems. Has everyone had such a survey or was I just luckily chosen at random?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah we bought in mid-June and got the dealer phone survey about a week later. Glad to know they care.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got the telephone survey from American Honda this evening. There was a breakdown in the promised delivery date and communication with the supervisor at Metro Honda in Montclair, CA. They promised to deliver the Pilot on the next day but, was unable to do it. Guess they just wanted to get us to sign on the "dotted line."

Interesting to note that Honda dealers push REAL hard to get us to give them all 5s on the survey but, don't provide the service, communication and courtesy after the signature is on the contract.

Got even worse service from Santa Ana Honda where we bought a 2002 Civic last month. Still trying to get them to repair the paint chip on the rear trunk. We had my daughter bring the car back down from Fresno (220 miles), leave the car for 4 days and still it was not fixed. Just about every time we come to pick it up, it is filthy and there are bird droppings on it. Pretty sad service!:3:

·
Registered
143 Posts
re: survey

On the survey scale of 1=lowest to 5= highest, I was told any rating less than 4 is big no-no to American Honda Corporate and the dealer would be asked to rectify the situation

I rated the finance reps with 2's and 3's (basically they lied to me, but I'll spare you the details). Two days later, I received a call from the business manager, "concerned" about my survey and asked why I was not happy ........go figure

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I was told they were going to call and I had been eagerly awaiting that call ... With my PILOT experience over the last several weeks my dealership was lucky they never called. Apparently, the rating you give them during that phone call is critical to their reputation with American Honda. This was used as a critical bargaining tool when haggling over the purchase price for my PILOT. When the dealer finally agree to my price one of the conditions what that when they called I had to say that their service was EXCELLENT. Again, good thing they haven't called yet ... but now I could tell them excellent in good conscience.

PrG

·
Registered
664 Posts
So, they bribe you and you say they are excellent? I have to go back for more bribery.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Re: re: survey

Spartanman said:
On the survey scale of 1=lowest to 5= highest, I was told any rating less than 4 is big no-no to American Honda Corporate and the dealer would be asked to rectify the situation

I rated the finance reps with 2's and 3's (basically they lied to me, but I'll spare you the details). Two days later, I received a call from the business manager, "concerned" about my survey and asked why I was not happy ........go figure
I had a similar experience. My salesman sent me a letter in the mail within a week of buying my Pilot telling me to give only 5s as anything else was considered a failure. I told my wife, if they expect to get 5s, they should provide the best service, which is obviously why Honda wants them to get all 5s. I wasn't about to throw away my chance to point out their flaws.

When I got my call, I gave them no 5s and only one 4, and several 1s and 2s. Like Spartanman, I was lied to and cheated by my finance guy. But I never did get a call from them. Eventually, I had to call them. Only after threatening to sue them (they were not giving me the paperwork that showed the differences between the MSRP and the purchase price - with good reason that would take a lot longer to describe - but you can check my review of Honda Cars of Rock Hill in SC if I can ever get the Rate thing not to crap out no me) was I handed off to the Sales Manager. I explained to him that I gave them a horrible review. This guy had the nerve to say that I should have called him and resolved the issues before I had to do that.

I told him in no uncertain terms that if they wanted to make sure that they got great reviews, it was THEIR responsibility to ensure that, not mine. I told him that had already spoken to the Finance guy and my Salesman and that thus far, they hadn't done anything to satisfy me. I told him that he should have sent me a letter or called me to make sure that I was pleased with my purchase.

American Honda Customer Service called me back and asked if I had been contacted to resolve the issue. I told them "No" and explained that I eventually had to call them. I told them that none of my issues had been resolved and they said that they would make sure something happened.

Well, another week went by and finally, I drove down to the dealer and told them that I was there to get the paper work that I was after and that I wanted to cancel all of the services that the Finance guy sold me. They gave me my missing paper work and hooked me up with the Finance guy. He told me that to cancel those services I would have to call them and deal with them. He also tried to talk me out of cancelling (which wasn't going to happen). I told him that he lied to me, over charged me, and changed the contents of the package and that I had no desire to keep them.

So later I called the company that had all the services, and they told me I would have to cancel them through the Finance rep at my dealer. I told them that he is the one that told me call them. So, they hooked me up with someone else at the dealer and I told him to cancel them all.

So, PLEASE, give your dealer the rating they deserve. DO NOT lie for them.

- Rick H

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know, maybe I'm naive. I've bought 8 Hondas from Zimmerman in Rock Island, IL in the last 16 years. I was given the usual heads up by the finance guy (same guy for the past 16 years by the way) that the survey would be coming and he explained that while most people think a 4 is doing pretty good, Honda doesn't necessarily think so. I have never had any issues with these guys and had no problem giving them 5's.

It's not like I don't have the choice to go five miles across the river to another dealer. Wouldn't do it. Z's has always treated me with consideration before and after the sale. I still remember on my first Accord when it was 5 years old I had broken a heater knob. I didn't even mention it when I brought it in for its next service, and it wasn't really an obvious break. In any event they did notice it, replaced it, and comped it out. Small thing? Sure. But, it's the little things like that you tend to remember.

·
Registered
290 Posts
illiniguy said:
I don't know, maybe I'm naive. I've bought 8 Hondas from Zimmerman in Rock Island, IL in the last 16 years. I was given the usual heads up by the finance guy (same guy for the past 16 years by the way) that the survey would be coming and he explained that while most people think a 4 is doing pretty good, Honda doesn't necessarily think so. I have never had any issues with these guys and had no problem giving them 5's.

It's not like I don't have the choice to go five miles across the river to another dealer. Wouldn't do it. Z's has always treated me with consideration before and after the sale. I still remember on my first Accord when it was 5 years old I had broken a heater knob. I didn't even mention it when I brought it in for its next service, and it wasn't really an obvious break. In any event they did notice it, replaced it, and comped it out. Small thing? Sure. But, it's the little things like that you tend to remember.
I don't think that makes you naive. It just sounds to me like you have found a good dealer, or that you have been really lucky. Nothing wrong with that. If you feel that they deserved the 5s, then by all means, give them.

But I don't think people should be asked or bribed to rate them all 5s. Customers should be free to rate them based on their actual experience, not based on what they were told or bribed to do. I'm not saying that I wouldn't take the bribe, because I sure as heck would have (none was offered to me), but I think it is dishonest business and American Honda should come down heavy on the dealers that take these tactics. It skews the effects of having the poll in the first place.

I told the rep that called me that the salesman told me to give them all 5s, but that I wasn't going to just because I was told to, and that actually, that made me more likely to be honest than if he hadn't told me at all. I think it is conniving.

·
Registered
143 Posts
r_hammel. I feel your pain

I always thought the sales rep had the reputation as the liar and scam artist, but in this instance he was just fine and earned a "5". I also love my dealer's service dept (kids play area, roomy) we take our CRV there and they have always earned 5's.

Funny how this time its the business/finance folks with mud on their face...

·
Registered
509 Posts
I thought I found a good dealer, but apparently with the run-around that I got on my Sandstone Pilot, that is not the case. With all of the arguing, mis-information, and lack of phone calls, I'm still pissed. I thought of going elsewhere, but I'm just going to end up spending the same money, and having to wait longer, so I might as well keep my current business here, and start looking elsewhere when I go to buy my next Honda. All they had to do was treat me fairly, to earn my repeat business, no questions asked. I still like their Service department though.

I'm already drooling at the thought of receiving my survey, and its like a month and a half away before I even get my Pilot! Sweet redemention - no mercy! Even after they got me a date on my Pilot and added a couple of extra dollars off, I told them they wouldn't get a good survey from me. They didn't seem to care!

:11:

Every time I get my vehicle serviced, I get the complimentary phone call, telling me I might receive a survey in the mail, and if I wasn't satisfied with my service to call the Service Manager to see if things could be made right beforing completing a negative survey. Never received a survey yet though...

Boy, and I felt bad for arguing with Sales and Service so much - they've gotta hate me by now! But some of you guys (and ladies) put me to shame! I don't feel so bad now - THANKS!

:6:

·
Registered
30 Posts
How long must I wait?!

SoapPlant - you say you have a Pilot being built the week Aug 10. I am on the list for a black EX-L and I'm being told Sept/Oct. My name went on the list June 10th. How soon do you think I should expect a build date? Thanks. I enjoy this forum, but can't keep up!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
It seems that I am not the only one with horror stories when dealing with Honda Dealerships.

I have had nearly every listed problem above, plus I was told that Honda didn't do over 2-year leases with the pilot. When I challenged the stupid statement the sales woman corrected herself and told me they didn't like to do three-year leases because it was bad for the customer. I laughed at that one.

I was also low-balled on my trade in, they wanted to give me 3 grand under KBB trade in value. They tried to convince me that it wouldn't be good for the dealer to make the buy. Hell the sales woman even tried to tell me KBB was not a reliable number, she then pulls out an action page with my car on it. I ask her why she would want to give me auction price. She of course had no answer.

If you live in S East Pennsylvania stay away from Scott Honda they are jokers.

Earl

BTW No call from American Honda, it would be sweet to let Scott Honda have it. I was also told to give them a 5s.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dealer Surveys

What do we do if we never get a "survey call" ?

I purchased my Pilot in the 2nd week of June, delivered 10 days later, still no call.

Maybe I should call them? I have an issue with a "splotchy" look on the hood, (there is a related thread in the details section).

Should I call the dealer first, or just "nuke 'em" on the survey.

I have also considered giving back the extended survice warranty they sold me, not sure it is that great of a deal.

Funny, we bought a Passat from the local Volkswagen dealer, and the first two years of service are included in the purchase of the car!

Interested in yall's thoughts on this. (Yes, born/raised in Texas, and Damn Proud of it!)

Darren
:2:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Re: Dealer Surveys

Call the dealer, have them check it up, fix it. Call American Honda and report this incident. Then worry about the survey.

texaspilot said:
What do we do if we never get a "survey call" ?

I purchased my Pilot in the 2nd week of June, delivered 10 days later, still no call.

Maybe I should call them? I have an issue with a "splotchy" look on the hood, (there is a related thread in the details section).

Should I call the dealer first, or just "nuke 'em" on the survey.

I have also considered giving back the extended survice warranty they sold me, not sure it is that great of a deal.

Funny, we bought a Passat from the local Volkswagen dealer, and the first two years of service are included in the purchase of the car!

Interested in yall's thoughts on this. (Yes, born/raised in Texas, and Damn Proud of it!)

Darren
:2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: How long must I wait?!

Larry said:
SoapPlant - you say you have a Pilot being built the week Aug 10. I am on the list for a black EX-L and I'm being told Sept/Oct. My name went on the list June 10th. How soon do you think I should expect a build date? Thanks. I enjoy this forum, but can't keep up!!!
Hey Larry, where from in PA?

What dealer are you ordering from? A September/October date sounds a little long for an order placed on June 10, even with all of the demand.

I actually ordered my Sandstone on May 24th. I was initially told that I should have it no problem by the end of June! Then I was told probably the second week in July! Then August, then definitely July, and then definitely by the end of August, unless of course there are delays! So based on my experience, its hard to say when you'll get an actual build date! I actually just got my build date about 2 weeks ag0 - maybe a little less.

Now, I've come to find out that the Sandstone was "constrained" until "Fall" (i.e. August/September). But a black EX-L shouldn't be an issue. There's no problem with the color as far as I'm aware.

I'm buying from Faulkner Honda in Harrisburg. I actualy had a chance to buy a black EX-L last Saturday. A salesman from Frederick Honda in Hershey called me around 10:30 am and said he had a black EX-L that would be ready to go by noon! Apparently they had someone who couldn't get financed, so they were trying to move the vehicle quickly. I highly doubt that it is still available, but if you're near Central PA, you might want to give them a call. Ask for Stan. I decided to pass because of the dark color.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
re: How long must I wait

I bought an EX-LRES from Jones Honda in Lancaster. I ordered it in early July and was told it would be in at the end of August. 8 days later we were driving by and saw one exactly as we ordered being taken off the truck. We checked and sure enough it was ours. The same thing happenen with an Odyssey we bought from them, they said it would take 4-6 months and it came in 4 weeks later. We have been very happy with Jones Honda.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Finally

I had to do a search for this thread. When I bought my Pilot last month, my salesman advised me that Honda would survey me sometime. Well, this afternoon at work, "THE CALL" finally came. While there was nothing really exciting about the call and nothing out of the ordinary about my responses, the last part of the call was kinda interesting. The gal casually asked if I liked the Pilot and if I had had any problems. I explained that I was happy overall and had not incurred any problems - BUT.... :13:

I explained that there was a website where a lot of Pilot owners discuss Pilot ownership items and that many have experienced starting problems and other fairly significant problems. In many cases, their dealers were unable (or unwilling) to resolve these problems. The gal claimed that she had never heard any of this before :bonk: but she would certainly pass this information on to Honda. :25:

She may have also had a bridge for sale...............

rod

1 - 20 of 21 Posts