Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2016 Honda Pilot Touring (Canada)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

It鈥檚 my first time owning leather seats in a vehicle and I鈥檓 wondering if you have some tried and true tips to help keep the interior cooler. I was thinking of windshield sunshades but I heard it could ruin the camera on the front. 馃槥

Other than leaving some of the windows open, I鈥檓 not sure what else I can do. Please let me know if you use any sunshades that are OK to use or any other ideas would be great! Thank you!

Registered
If you live near a Honda dealer you can pick up the mylar form fitted sunshades for around $30. I did. It has the cutouts for the sensing camera etc. Works better than. The foldable ones. That in tandem with cracked windows protected by sun visors is best outside of parking in the shade.

Reactions: MsGee

Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L
You could install nano ceramic window film to cut down on infrared heat inside the vehicle. The film is like window tint, but the nano ceramic types work well even with the clear versions. I have a light tint (barely noticeable) on mine on all windows except the windshield and sunroof and it works wonders.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could install nano ceramic window film to cut down on infrared heat inside the vehicle. The film is like window tint, but the nano ceramic types work well even with the clear versions. I have a light tint (barely noticeable) on mine on all windows except the windshield and sunroof and it works wonders.
Would love to add tint on my windshield but it鈥檚 illegal where I鈥檓 at. 馃槥

Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
Do a search for clear tint. It is a clear UV coating.

Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L
I think windshield tint is illegal everywhere. Maybe look at getting the clear version which doesn't tint any, but blocks IR heat. Just doing the other windows made a huge difference. FYI, the factory tint in the rear of the Pilot doesn't reduce heat very much. Adding the nano ceramic film to the back made a huge difference. I used VortexIR film.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome! I鈥檒l call around and get some quotes for the clear tints. Thank you!

Super Moderator
Just make sure they understand not to apply the tint to the area where the camera is. The tint could cause the camera to no longer function properly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just make sure they understand not to apply the tint to the area where the camera is. The tint could cause the camera to no longer function properly.
Gotcha! Thanks for the help.

Super Moderator
Generally around $200. The windshield is the largest piece of glass in the vehicle and usually the hardest to apply film to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts