Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos of a pilot with a sunroof, belongs to HDTVEE.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added them all together, sorry about that.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you happen to know if a sunroof installation would interfere with the RES?

I have an RES but would like to have a sunroof as well...:confused:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
fdxav8r said:
Do you happen to know if a sunroof installation would interfere with the RES?

I have an RES but would like to have a sunroof as well...:confused:
It can be done... click here to see an installed aftermarket sunroof with the RES!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: Re: Sunroof

kemosabe said:
It can be done... click here to see an installed aftermarket sunroof with the RES!!!
fdxav8r, that is my Pilot with the sunroof and RES. I love having the sunroof, but make sure you check out the installer very well. I had some problems with mine because it was not explained to me very well exactly what they were going to do. If I were going to do it again, I would ask for names of previous customers who had sunroofs put in with RES.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Sunroof

jrex said:
fdxav8r, that is my Pilot with the sunroof and RES. I love having the sunroof, but make sure you check out the installer very well. I had some problems with mine because it was not explained to me very well exactly what they were going to do. If I were going to do it again, I would ask for names of previous customers who had sunroofs put in with RES.
I have an EX-L w/ RES... and I am seriously thinking of doing the sunroof. What kind of problems did you run into?

Anyone install one in the DC/VA/MD area... if so, where did you go?

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunroof

vluu21 said:
I have an EX-L w/ RES... and I am seriously thinking of doing the sunroof. What kind of problems did you run into?

Anyone install one in the DC/VA/MD area... if so, where did you go?
Classic Soft Trim right in Chantilly seems to have a pretty good reputation. http://www.classicsofttrim.com

They quoted me ~$1600 to install a Webasto 749 (I think that was the model number). They must have done some Pilots, because the guy I talked to asked if it had rear A/C, as that complicates the install.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have the sunroof posted in the pics....a Webasto 749. It is the perfect size for the Pilot and I love it! But as stated before by others and myself, check out the installer very carefully!!!!
I called Webasto in Michigan before to check out the installers reputation and they were very cool to help out. I paid $1250 in the Chgo area and I would do it again in a second.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunroof

jay said:
Classic Soft Trim right in Chantilly seems to have a pretty good reputation. http://www.classicsofttrim.com

They quoted me ~$1600 to install a Webasto 749 (I think that was the model number). They must have done some Pilots, because the guy I talked to asked if it had rear A/C, as that complicates the install.

Does the rear AC go into the roof? Just curious as it sits on the rear floor.

:confused:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunroof

Art said:
Does the rear AC go into the roof? Just curious as it sits on the rear floor.

:confused:
I couldn't understand why he'd make a comment about the rear A/C, either. I was prepared to here about re-routing RES wires in the roof.:confused:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunroof

jay said:

As I have said on other posts before, I have a Webasto 744 and have had it since 11/03. No problems. Installed here, Dallas, was approx $900. model 749 would have been the same cost.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I do not think the a/c has anything to do with a sunroof install on a Pilot. An Odyssey, yes.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Jay:
Sorry to get off the subjsct for a sec but I am in a quandry.....Roadie? Skyfi? or??
I want the best sound quality and reception. Price is not an issue
Thanks

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
HDTVEE said:
Jay:
Sorry to get off the subjsct for a sec but I am in a quandry.....Roadie? Skyfi? or??
I want the best sound quality and reception. Price is not an issue
Thanks
If money's no issue, you could possibly get the dealer-installed XM option, or do something like SteveLuman did, and has posted about in various threads. If you want my take on SkyFi, Roady or Commander, and opinions on XM or Sirius, look here: http://hondapilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=80545#post80545

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
That's one thing I would never have added to a vehicle, a sunroof. I have know too many people who have, and the aftermarkets always seem to have problems with leaking, immediately or shortly after installation. That's just my...............

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Art said:
That's one thing I would never have added to a vehicle, a sunroof. I have know too many people who have, and the aftermarkets always seem to have problems with leaking, immediately or shortly after installation. That's just my...............
Eventually, all of them leak. Seals only last so long.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
jay said:
Eventually, all of them leak. Seals only last so long.

The only ones I haven't seen leak are factory installed ones.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts