Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Pilot EXL. I came out to the car after dinner to discover that all of the windows and the sunroof had somehow opened themselves during a rainstorm. The key fob wasn't in anyone's pocket and no kids had access to it. First question: How could this happen?!?!? Second question: What's the best way to dry out all the floor mats? (It's the end of November in NJ and it's cold.)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh that sucks! If you don’t have access to a heated garage I’d say call your insurances and let them handle that... the last thing you want is molds in your new car right?

If not you could try a small, 700 watts or less space heater to heath up the air inside the cabin with a slightly cracked open window to let the water vapour out. Careful not to direct the heat on a surface cause that would probably mean insurance claim for loss to fire....

Side note.... I had my key fob in my man purse ( a maxxpedition jumbo versipack) and on a snowy night, my wallet decided to depress THE unlock button... I was in shock the next morning... but luckily, it was cold enough that the snow didn’t melt and I could clean most of it.... now my fob is in the smallest pocket of my bag, with a small flat piece of wood in front of the buttons.... wish we could deactivate that function from the systems menu

Good luck man!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Get a regular dehumidifier like for your basement, doesn't need to be real big. Put it in the car in hatch/cargo area and turn it on. Close all the windows and let it run overnight, all day or until it stops drawing moisture.

I got this from a friend that was a mechanic at BMW. They used to it often when people did strange things with water. If really soaked (like flood) they would lift the carpet up to allow better access to the padding. They used a a pice of plywood to keep it flat on the seats/console.

I did this in my old Corolla after a a parking lot flooded just enough to clear the bottom of my door sills. I had an inch of water on the floor on both sides. I used shop vac to get the big water. 2 days later car was bone dry and no mold smell issues or rusting.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The very same thing happened to me during the rainstorm and i managed to close it after 5 min of rain but the damage had been done, i shop vac the whole car, turn on the heated seats/ ventilated seats, 6 months later i find my chair rails have surface rust, waiting for the weather to get warmer so i can remove the seats and sand them off.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Holding unlock opens the windows and sunroof

I have a 2018 Pilot EXL. I came out to the car after dinner to discover that all of the windows and the sunroof had somehow opened themselves during a rainstorm. The key fob wasn't in anyone's pocket and no kids had access to it. First question: How could this happen?!?!? Second question: What's the best way to dry out all the floor mats? (It's the end of November in NJ and it's cold.)

If your Pilot is locked and you hold down the unlock button on the fob, the sunroof and windows will all open.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts