Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the Fisher price edition since day one and never noticed until now ..the sun roof will open only about an inch other than the full open setting.
I though it was supposed to stop at the arrow indicted on the pic . It stops short to the arrow at this time.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,276 Posts
Does your model year have two settings: tilt up or slide back open?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does your model year have two settings: tilt up or slide back open?
correct when the pic was taken it was in the tilt up position

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
correct when the pic was taken it was in the tilt up position
How much does it open in that position? Maybe post some more pics, inside and out.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much does it open in that position? Maybe post some more pics, inside and out.
refer to the first posting :) not sure if you read it the first time cause your two questions are the same as I stated :p

·
Registered
10,276 Posts

So in the tilt position it only comes up around one inch? Are there little plastic wind barriers that come up at the front of the moon roof in that position? It's called the moonroof spoiler, as seen in this image. Does it stay down as pictured in the image or does it rise up when the moonroof is slid all the way back open? That's one of the things I wanted to see. Sometimes it gets jammed. If it's not popping up, try jiggling it by hand. (OK that didn't come out right :p)

Otherwise, it may be lube that you need. At first I tried white lithium grease, but then I found that silicone spray lubricant worked better.

Moonroof / Sunnroof noise when closed

All this is for a 2006. Don't know how similar it is for your model year.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The spoiler comes up only when the window is open fully .. When i'm in the dealership for parts i'll ask them about it.

·
Registered
2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1 Posts
Please let us know what the dealership says. My sunroof on my 2013 does the same thing as your picture. I also think that it should open wider, but not sure.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please let us know what the dealership says. My sunroof on my 2013 does the same thing as your picture. I also think that it should open wider, but not sure.
It may be a while since i'm in the death valley NY the dealership is limited to be seen ..i will follow up once i get a chance

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,871 Posts
At this point if it is operation as depicted I would not worry about it.

Some things are meant to remain forever mysterious to mortal man. But if the dealer gives you an answer lets us know, I'm curious as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts