Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pilot photos:Canadian Destinations.

Post pics of your summer road trips in Canada:29:

Just returned from a 7 day camping trip from Kananskis Country area. We spent 3 days in a wilderness camp in the foothills by Dutch Creek and 4 days @ Mount Kidd campgrounds.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After 3 days in the wilderness we drove to Mount Kidd campground and set up our tent and stayed there for 4 days.......finally a hot shower.....ahhhhhh.......and Pilot photos:D

Mount Kidd

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
....and after a week of eating "camping" food we succumb to modern convenience of fast food and dined @ a local joint in Canmore ......blech:16:

The Three Sisters

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Great pics, borg! The children must've had a blast camping, hiking and even horseback riding. That's swell. I still really like Sandstone. I still think it's the best color for the Pilot. I really didn't have much of a voice in the matter since the Mrs. wanted the blue. :whip:

If you don't mind, I'll have to hit you up for some info next time we plan a camping trip. That area of the mountains look great. Probably not as busy as the camping grounds in&around the Banff area. Glad to see that you had a safe and fun trip.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks RipRock, we all had a wonderful time. I'd have to say that the hi-light for the kids were the horseback rides, and they surprised me by the way they adapted to 3 days of roughing it( no outdoor plumbing, no electricity, zero tech facility )....no complaints at all which made the experience more enjoyable.

The Pilot performed extremely well, the road to the wilderness camp is mostly dirt road and narrow, there were challenging sections like huge bumps, blind corners, winding roads built on 40-50 ft cliffs. I was'nt able to find any photo op with the Pilot because I had to pay extra attention just to avoid plunging to the bottom of a cliff and I couldn't convince the Mrs. to take pictures.

I was also pleased that the Thule carrier produced very negligible level of wind noise even @ highway speeds of 120k/hr, I noticed the noise in the first 10 minutes of hi speed driving but then either I got used to it or the noise just blended in with other road noise.

Let me know when you plan to camp in Kananaskis & I'll give as much info you need.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Summer road trips: Canadian Edition Continued :)

We came back late lastnight from our holidays at Fairmont Springs, B.C. and I just got around to organizing my pics. We pretty much stayed in that area and in the Kootenay National Park. Since my digicam broke and didn't get another one yet (never get a Yashica, I know, you get what you pay for), I had to borrow my brother-in-laws Sony DV to get the pics, so they're not the greatest of quality (only 2megapixels).

One caveat, one of the things I'm absolutely terrible at is taking pictures, as attested by the following pics. I just don't have the eye for these things, unlike borg who cleverly managed to incorporate his Pilot in his cool pics. But, here they are, anyway.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
This is taken at the Kootenay Valley Viewpoint in Kootenay National Park, showing the Mitchell & Vermillion Range.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
This is a shot with the Columbia River wetlands in the background. We're actually quite high up from the marsh, but the pic doesn't accurately reflect that.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
A pic of a hiking trail we embarked upon. This trail took us up to this small naturally formed hotsprings bed pictured next.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Here's yours truly trying to look cool and deal with a glaring sunlight at the sametime. The first pic is of this small waterfall which feeds from a hotsprings from further up the mountain. The second pics shows the natural pool formed by the waterfall and the mineral contents in the water. It was pretty neat.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
This is the entrace of Marble Canyon. At some points on the trail, the space between the canyon got as narrows as a few feet but must've been like 30 storeys deep. The water was very cold as it's a glacial meltwater.

1 - 20 of 240 Posts