Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Suggestions on negotiating price in DC Suburb

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  jay 
#1 ·
I am planning to buy a Pilot in next few months or so. I am wondering "what" to expect from the dealers while negotiating for a cut on MSRP. Does this SUV is still facing an "availability" (more demand and less supply) issue? - I heard that dealers are not reducing prices on Pilots and selling them for full MSRP.

If I show the internet prices (Invoice price), does it going to help me in negotiating the price down by $2000 - $2500?

I would like to learn any recent buyer's experience in DC Metro area.

I am looking for a pilot with DVD player + leather (MSRP $32K)

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
rangarajuk: Since no one has replied yet, I'll just share with you my not-so-recent buying experience: I bought over 8 months ago at Criswell Honda in Germantown and paid MSRP for it. I haven't been keeping up with the supply/demand trends here in the area, so I really can't help you. (Just didn't want your post to sit here unanswered so I thought I'd post something as an 8-month data point...)

#3 ·
#5 ·
kemosabe said:

Dag! How did I miss that thread???

:awais:
P.S. Ziploc, you're PM box is full. I sent you 2 e-mails to your Comcast account...
:awais:
What!? Not again! I think that %$@*&$% mailbox capacity gets smaller all the time. I'll clean 'er out!

#7 ·
I was at Koons Honda in Manassas, Va recently, and they still had a $2995 AMV (adjusted market value) sticker on the one new Pilot I saw on the lot. They had a black EX-L on the used car lot, too.

#8 ·
jay said:
I was at Koons Honda in Manassas, Va recently, and they still had a $2995 AMV (adjusted market value) sticker on the one new Pilot I saw on the lot. They had a black EX-L on the used car lot, too.
Both of your comments are interesting, jay.... they're still marking up the Pilots after a year? A year ago (last June), Rosenthal Honda in Vienna, VA also had incredible markups of $2-3K -- I thought that trend would've subsided by now...

Did you catch a price for the used black one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.