Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Folks, I would like to offer a few suggestions for posting when you have questions about your vehicle and are seeking information or advice to make it easier for you to get what you seek and make it easier for others to offer help or provide information.

Before asking questions about your vehicle or an issue you are having with your vehicle GO HERE, register if you haven't already, and search the site. It's for us Honda owners and has loads of information about Honda's. If you don't find what you are looking for there then......

Use the search function in the forum to see if your question or issue has already been covered.

• Post the year, model (since the Passport is also represented here) and trim level of your vehicle along with the current mileage on your Pilot - and the number of miles since you acquired it, if you're not the original owner.. There are three generations of Pilots out there and they have changed a lot over the years. Keep in mind also that many issues will carry over from the Odyssey, to the Ridgeline, Pilot and Passport so we get questions and answers from those folks as well. Even better, in your profile list your vehicle information so it is alway available.

• When seeking advise for an issue, please post what you have tried, replaced etc. That will help others to keep from suggesting that you look at or try something you have already done. If there's a problem, indicate anything that may have been done or happened to the vehicle recently, such as servicing, accident repair, hitting a pothole, etc.

• If you are not sure of what the part is or what you are looking at, take a couple of quick pictures of the part or area of your concern with your phone. Pictures are truly worth a thousand words. If it a sound that is concerning you, if possible take a video of the area and make sure you capture the noise. This isn’t like car talk where we can ask you to make the sound over the phone so a video would be most helpful.

• If you made modifications, that are not OEM or used non OEM parts and you now have a concern with something possibly in that area, please list those parts or modification. Not all after market parts are the same or of the same quality and not all modifications are good ones.

• If your issue could possibly be weather related please tell us where you live. We don’t need your address, but at least the state or province you reside in. A weather related issue in Manitoba, Canada will most likely not be the same in El Paso, Texas. Again, this is something you can put in your profile to make it easy.

• Please understand, that while your issue may be extremely urgent to you, the people you are soliciting for help or information don’t live here. Be patient, you will get a reply from someone if they have experience or even thoughts on that issue. We all have other lives besides this forum.

• Be respectful of the posters in a thread. We have all had various experiences with the vehicles we have owned over the years. If there was a simple pat answer, you wouldn’t be asking here for a suggestions. Vehicles are complex machines so not every problem has one answer.

• After the issue has been resolved, OP please be kind enough to post the solution so others may benefit in the future.
I’m sure that there are other things that I have overlooked. This is a good forum with a lot of good people where a lot of advise and information can be had, as well as good place to just stop by and chat.

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
Also mention the current mileage on your Pilot - and the number of miles since you acquired it, if you're not the original owner.
Likewise, if there's a problem, indicate anything that may have been done or happened to the vehicle recently, such as servicing, accident repair, hitting a pothole, etc.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Would Being hit by a Deer in a parking lot parked while eating McDonald french fries count?

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Would Being hit by a Deer in a parking lot parked while eating McDonald french fries count?
Yes, it would count since we now have sensors/cameras being embedded on all sides of our vehicles. And you might have blown chewed fries and ketchup into your inner components creating a short. Then you may ask why can't anyone hear me on my hands free.

·
Administrator
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also mention the current mileage on your Pilot - and the number of miles since you acquired it, if you're not the original owner.
Likewise, if there's a problem, indicate anything that may have been done or happened to the vehicle recently, such as servicing, accident repair, hitting a pothole, etc.
Noted and added, with your permission I hope.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
No. However if it a moose then that is acceptable.

View attachment 135511
We don’t need your address, but at least the state or providence you reside in.
This moose appears to benefit from residing in a state of providence. :p

grammarist.com

How to Use Providence vs province Correctly – Grammarist

2-3 minutes

Providence and province are two words that are similar in spelling and pronunciation, but have very different meanings. We will examine the definitions of providence and province, where these two words came from and some examples of their use in sentences.
Providence is the protective power of God or nature. Providence is a mass noun, which is an uncountable noun that does not have a plural form. Providence is the name of the capital and most populous city of Rhode Island, which is also the home of Brown University and the Rhode Island School of Design. The city of Providence, Rhode Island was founded in 1636 by Roger Williams, a man fleeing religious persecution. He named the area Providence as he believed God’s providence had brought him there. The word providence is derived from the Latin word providentem, which means prepare, act with foresight.
A province is a section of a country that has its own means of governmental administration. Province may also mean a person’s area of expertise or responsibility. Canada is divided into ten provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, as well as three territories. The word province is derived from the Latin word provincia, which means conquered territory or territory outside Italy under Roman administration.
Examples

Thus we trust in God’s providence and will, prepared to carry our own cross, remembering Jesus’ prayer before His crucifixion: “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet, not as I will, but as you will.” (Matthew 26:39) (The Los Alamos Daily Post)

Former mayor Joseph Paolino Jr. is ready to take the city to court again in a tax dispute over one of Providence’s most prominent downtown office buildings, the value of which he argues has been hurt by vagrancy in Kennedy Plaza. (The Providence Journal)

The federal government appears ready to take a hands-off approach as provinces begin rolling out how they plan to police the sale and use of marijuana once it becomes legal. (The Barriere Star Journal)

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
But I absolutely agree with your recommendations. Here, here! :)

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
So is this where I ask what tires are best for my Pilot? Or what the largest size I can fit is?

Or am I supposed to create a new thread but not provide ANY information on my Pilot?

·
Administrator
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So is this where I ask what tires are best for my Pilot? Or what the largest size I can fit is?

Or am I supposed to create a new thread but not provide ANY information on my Pilot?
"Before asking questions about your vehicle or an issue you are having with your vehicle GO HERE, register if you haven't already, and search the site. It's for us Honda owners and has loads of information about Honda's. If you don't find what you are looking for there then......

Use the search function in the forum to see if your question or issue has already been covered."

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Sorry, these rules make no sense. This is not the way forums are supposed to work, you are supposed to have 500 threads on the same topic, right?

Reactions: Sha93

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Sorry, these rules make no sense. This is not the way forums are supposed to work, you are supposed to have 500 threads on the same topic, right?
Welcome to the forums BTW :p

Reactions: Sha93

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
NSFW/Language

*hope no one gets offended :D
It would be nice if little Billy would tell us if our suggestions fix his problem instead of leaving us hanggin. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Welcome to the forums BTW :p
It only took me 1400 posts to get an official welcome to the forum! I was thinking nobody wanted me here...

Reactions: Tahoefever

·
Registered
11,325 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
Nice set of guidelines. Might be helpful to add after the issue has been resolved OP should be kind enough to post the solution so others may benefit in the future.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts