Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an '07 LX that was the AAMCO shop vehicle for the last 10K miles, and it looks like it was a work truck the beginning 160K. This is going to need some deep cleaning. It's not dusty, nor really grimy. But it does have a coat of something over the interior.

Can anyone suggest a cleaner or a specific process, for oily residue on cloth interior?

New to community, thank you for any help.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Going to be tough getting all the grease or oils out of the cloth seats that have been there for a long period. Shop vehicles live a tough life hauling used grimy leaky transmissions. There is a variety of the foaming cloth cleaners that you could try. Consider high quality seat covers that fit tight would be my suggestion if the foaming seat cleaners don't meet your needs.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I just picked up an '07 LX that was the AAMCO shop vehicle for the last 10K miles, and it looks like it was a work truck the beginning 160K. This is going to need some deep cleaning. It's not dusty, nor really grimy. But it does have a coat of something over the interior.

Can anyone suggest a cleaner or a specific process, for oily residue on cloth interior?

New to community, thank you for any help.
This stuff is .... well ... awesome (especially on oil and grease).

La's Totally Awesome Cleaner/Degreaser 64oz - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

·
Registered
11,501 Posts

Reactions: TANGO 76

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
356 Posts
get your power washer out, and get at it.
The car wash across the street from my old shop used to power wash the interiors.
Wonder why they went out of business
Edit,, a stiff brush, hot water and dishwashing soap, then vacuum with a shop vac.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts