Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our recently new to us 2011 Pilot EXL randomly threw a bunch of dash lights while driving the other nite. Traction control, VSA, check engine. Upon shutting down and restarting just the check engine light stays on. So we drove normally and the lights come back on but it drove home fine. Today I. The driveway it will start and run sometimes for as long as I keep it on, but my dash lights are back. Sometime it cranks on and immediately dies. Lights, radio, etc all fine. Video of stalling and pic of current sudden dash lights . Excuse background noise

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
Have you checked the codes yet? Have you checked the charging system? If you don't have the equipment to check codes and test charging system, head over to an auto parts store.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,957 Posts
The battery could be on its way out. A check of the charging system should include testing the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So. Come to find out r codes are for the mass air flow sensor, which is brand new. Upon closer inspection we found that a terminal on the the actual connector was/is corroded. My mechanic cleaned it up today, but was unable to find the part and said I’d have to go to a dealer. My best friend is a certified mechanic. I’d like to avoid a dealer and their outrageous labor rates and part mark ups.

Where do I locate the part number? Where can I locate be part?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I am afraid that is a part of the main engine harness which would ring you about $1000. Are you still experiencing any issues after the plug has been cleaned?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am afraid that is a part of the main engine harness which would ring you about $1000. Are you still experiencing any issues after the plug has been cleaned?
That’s a bummer for sure. I’ve found harnesses cheaper than that, but imagine the real money will be in the labor to replace it. It actually hasn’t really moved much in a few days. I have it running currently, for a while to see if anything kicks on. Keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
If you are running fine then let us keep fingers crossed, but I am concerned by the reason why it corroded in the 1st place. You can do something to prevent it from corroding again. Buy a tube of dielectric silicone grease on Amazon or elsewhere and apply to the plug and socket. It would keep water away and protect the contact. Super Lube is one of the great quality brands. Home depot has them for $12.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Wonder if you could find that connector at a scrap yard and then solder it to the existing harness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you are running fine then let us keep fingers crossed, but I am concerned by the reason why it corroded in the 1st place. You can do something to prevent it from corroding again. Buy a tube of dielectric silicone grease on Amazon or elsewhere and apply to the plug and socket. It would keep water away and protect the contact. Super Lube is one of the great quality brands. Home depot has them for $12.
Running well right now. Been on for over an hour. Taken it on a cpl short rips with no issues.

I will probably grab grease for sure and attempt to make this work. Ty for the suggestion. I will update if any change

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So cleaning the connector hasn’t helped the issue. Still having lots of intermittent run issues associated. I’ve located a used harness on eBay. Can you guys help me verify if this is what I’m looking for?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts