Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I lowered the rear windows on "pilot" for the first time. As soon as the windows were about half way down, I began to notice this powerful fluttering noise coming from the back. It sounded like a helicopter was trying to land. I raised the windows and the noise stopped. I then lowered the front windows only, to see if the same thing happened. It did not.
Later on, I lowered the rear windows again. This time with the music off. The intense, fluttering noise returned. I'm not certain if this is the subwoofer with some sort of aerodynamic problem or if I'm being haunted or what. I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced this sensation and has been able to discover the source and the cure.

·
Registered
797 Posts
If you do a search on that issue, you will see it has been discussed in depth. It is a "feature" of just having the rear windows down. This is not unique to the Pilot, but based somewhere in the laws of aerodynamics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I suggest you crack all the windows to let the air flow through better. I've experienced this on almost every car I've ever owned. Even worse on SUVs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mule is right. If you crack the front window about an inch or so while the back windows are down it should get rid of the problem.

Evergreen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts