Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to disconnect the subwoofer without accessing the subwoofer area ? Disconnect (clip) wires in back of the glove compartment or something ! Someone indicated the wire colors as black/white and white/green. And I located those wire colors behind the glovebox, but I'm unsure if there the correct wires. I also noticed the wires I found had silver marks on them ?

Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Uh, yeah...I wouldn't advise clipping wires that far from the subwoofer unless you were absolutely certain you had the right wires. I can hear the report now: "...passenger side air bag did not discharge because the leads were cut, investigation in progress..."

I remember some one posting a diagram showing an amp above the right, rear tire ...under the same panel as the subwoofer (might be the MDX I'm thinking of). If that is accurate, then the leads would have to be disconnected between the amp and the subwoofer and you will still have to remove the right, rear panel.

If the Pilot doesn't have an amp, then you'd probably want to disconnect at the back of the head unit.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I sure wouldn't clip any wires! The subwoofer wiring is connector C on the back of the head unit. They are White/Green + and Black/White - . Pull the head unit and disconnect the wires there.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation. I knew someone had the wiring diagram.

So that means no amplifier, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts