Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the factory subwoofer in my pilot has started rattling and it sounds terrible. What would you recommenced? Any way to fix the rattling? Or Aftermarket sub and amp? Are there any aftermarket subs that will fit in the enclosure area of the factory sub? Also is there a way for me to just disconnect the factory sub at the back of the head unit? I love my bass but it’s just ruining the sound right now, so better to disconnect completely.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looking in the service manual linked at the main page here, it appears there is a 14 pin connector B with 7 wires on the head unit which has the rear sub +/- in it. Maybe it could be de-pinned.

I have been wondering if there is a way to take these to line level and then into a small amp I could replace the woofer with my own unit. Like through a PAC SNI-35 or something.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just figured out that the rattle is actually coming from this piece to the left of the subwoofer. Glad to know my sub itself isn’t broken, thank god. But this big armrest / plastic cup holder thing is rattling against the plastic piece being it. If I grab it tightly with my hands and pull it away from the wall I can make the rattling noise stop. Not sure how to make it stop though without holding it

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Good find. I like this video from a fellow Piloteer because, as he says, no endless talking.

So for your subwoofer rattling you've got two options:
  1. Practice turning your bass controls down on every song you play just before the bass drops, for example after "and the forests will echo with laughter" on Stairway to Heaven.
  2. Pull the panel out as shown in the video, stuff some sound dampening material in there and when you put it back together make sure you don't have any screws loose. :p

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot EX-L and 2019 Chev Corvette 2LT
22 Posts
Mine did the same thing in my 2004 soon after I bought it, and they replaced the subwoofer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts