Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know this is a 1st world problem, but the HVAC controls on my 2019 EXL are all that is wrong with engineers trying to tell you what you need. Sort of like when they removed the sound system volume knob on earlier models. Pretty slick, huh? No, not so much.

First off, there's no pilot light on either the AUTO button or the A/C button like every other car I've had. Fine, press the auto button and it goes into AUTO mode, and the display says AUTO. Want to turn AUTO off, just press the button again, right? No, you have to change some other setting to make it go off. When AUTO is on and it's cooling the car on a warm day, recirculate comes on and stays on. Well recirc is very nice to initially cool down a hot car or to dehumidify on a foggy day, but I don't want it on full time when the outside air is already dry becuase the inside air gets even dryer. So great, the RECIRC button does have a pilot light on it, but press that and it puts the whole system back in manual mode again. This does not happen on Toyotas.

Don't like it when on a cold day, AUTO starts out with the defroster on and blowing cold air in your face? Too bad, trying to change the mode to floor only will kick AUTO off.

So it's a mild day and you just want some outside air through the vents. Turn it to "Lo", mode to vents, and put the fan speed where you want it. After a minute you notice that it's getting cold because the A/C is on and you don't know it. There's no pilot light and the display will only tell you if it's off, not on.

I'm done venting, and hoping that engineers stop treating us like we're stupid.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Yeah, I know this is a 1st world problem, but the HVAC controls on my 2019 EXL are all that is wrong with engineers trying to tell you what you need. Sort of like when they removed the sound system volume knob on earlier models. Pretty slick, huh? No, not so much.

First off, there's no pilot light on either the AUTO button or the A/C button like every other car I've had. Fine, press the auto button and it goes into AUTO mode, and the display says AUTO. Want to turn AUTO off, just press the button again, right? No, you have to change some other setting to make it go off. When AUTO is on and it's cooling the car on a warm day, recirculate comes on and stays on. Well recirc is very nice to initially cool down a hot car or to dehumidify on a foggy day, but I don't want it on full time when the outside air is already dry becuase the inside air gets even dryer. So great, the RECIRC button does have a pilot light on it, but press that and it puts the whole system back in manual mode again. This does not happen on Toyotas.

Don't like it when on a cold day, AUTO starts out with the defroster on and blowing cold air in your face? Too bad, trying to change the mode to floor only will kick AUTO off.

So it's a mild day and you just want some outside air through the vents. Turn it to "Lo", mode to vents, and put the fan speed where you want it. After a minute you notice that it's getting cold because the A/C is on and you don't know it. There's no pilot light and the display will only tell you if it's off, not on.

I'm done venting, and hoping that engineers stop treating us like we're stupid.
Lol, I want my headlight dimmer switch on the floor again too. Much less it doing it for me. :p

Reactions: Aviator6

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,872 Posts
For you next vehicle I would suggest the 1946 Soviet made Pobeda. Recognized as the first SUV. All the controls are old school. There is however only one radio station selection. Nail Grease will appreciate the fact that the tires probably didn't cost $100 for the set.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
For you next vehicle I would suggest the 1946 Soviet made Pobeda. Recognized as the first SUV. All the controls are old school. There is however only one radio station selection. Nail Grease will appreciate the fact that the tires probably didn't cost $100 for the set.

View attachment 136624
I might be interested.
Is it easier to work on than their space station?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I completely understand.

I want my headlight switch to be lit up when my headlights are on. When it's dark, I can't see the switch. Which protrusion are the foglights? Do I turn it backward or forward to turn off the auto headlights? I'm tired of auto high beaming everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts