Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to clay bar my Pilot either this weekend or the next, but one thing has me puzzled. I've read the instructions, so, I must be rather dense not being able to figure this out. So, someone please help me out here. I got myself Mother's Clay Bar Kit.

Once you finished clay barring, what do you do? Do you just immediately wax the car after you simple wiped off the Showtime Instant Detailer, the lubricant for the clay bar, with some dry towels or wash the car again to get the lubricant off? If the latter, what do you wash the car with? Dawn again?

Oh, and also, anyone know if other reputable companies sell good clay bars by itself, instead of selling it in a kit? Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I washed the car again after using the clay bar. That makes sure you get all of the lubricant off the car before your wax. I used the Zaino products and they recommended washing with their wash not Dawn. I don't think it matters which you use at that point but, your car will have no protection for the paint so you just want to be careful, that is why I used the less alkaline car wash soap.

Zaino sells the clay bars in packages by them selves, but you will have to find a distributor or mail order them. And from what I have been told as long as you buy brand name clay it is all the same.

·
Registered
95 Posts
In regards to Zaino, what was ever decided, if anything about anyone starting a new group buy program with them??? I would be interested in joining the group buy if someone is thinking of managing it...

Thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
klowry said:
In regards to Zaino, what was ever decided, if anything about anyone starting a new group buy program with them??? I would be interested in joining the group buy if someone is thinking of managing it...

Thanks!
I don't know if anything materialized for the group buy. I would join in to get some of the stuff if one is started. Now we just need someone to manage it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Re: Premium Wax Thread

Originally posted by TheWorm
Re: Group Buy?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by seadog
TheWorm - Do you think it's time for another group buy on Zaino products?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I no longer have the extra time/inclination to run Zaino GP's. Partly because I have a 3 yr supply after doing a bunch.

One of you needs to "volunteer". Then, just call Sal Zaino and let him know you'd like to do a GP for the Honda Pilot board. He'll let you know if OK and, if so, how to proceed. It's pretty basic.
Is anyone out there interested or do you all already have all your Zaino stuff???

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
RipRocK said:

Oh, and also, anyone know if other reputable companies sell good clay bars by itself, instead of selling it in a kit? Thanks.
Here's the product I use. You can also do an internet search under clay bar and find other sources. I have heard that Walmart sells a clay bar product.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont worry about wiping off the lubricant. Onced youve clayed the car, you can put the wax over the lubricant and then wipe off. I also add a super glaze after i wax the vehicle for a super high gloss.
It works great.

RipRocK said:
I plan to clay bar my Pilot either this weekend or the next, but one thing has me puzzled. I've read the instructions, so, I must be rather dense not being able to figure this out. So, someone please help me out here. I got myself Mother's Clay Bar Kit.

Once you finished clay barring, what do you do? Do you just immediately wax the car after you simple wiped off the Showtime Instant Detailer, the lubricant for the clay bar, with some dry towels or wash the car again to get the lubricant off? If the latter, what do you wash the car with? Dawn again?

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
I typically Dawn wash after the claybar to get rid of any residual crap (including any claybar streaks or remnants) that were left behind.

As the QD/lube dries without being wiped off, it inevitably leaves streaks or patches where it has dried. It takes all of 5 minutes to do a quick bath and IMO is worth doing.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
kemosabe endorses the zaino clay...:D

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts