Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Honda pilot, the shift ever is stuck in parking, I'm able to shift with the override button.

I still have working break lights
No burned fuses
I unplugged the shift lever solenoid jumped it and it works.

I tested the voltage at the shift lever solenoid connector and there is 12 volts but no ground.

What else to check ?

I

·
Registered
135 Posts
The PCM ground switches the solenoid upon receiving a voltage as a result of the brake switch being pushed. There won't be a ground unless you press the brake pedal to check it. Try that and see if you get ground. If not, then the PCM didn't switch on the transistor or the ground really is broke/ open somewhere. Also make sure there is no throttle position input as well because PCM doesn't want any to allow the ground switching to the solenoid.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Actually I stated that wrong, the ground should be there until the PCM switches it with brake pedal. So if there is no ground then it seems like there would be an open in the wire between the solenoid and the PCM on the ground side.

·
Registered
271 Posts
2005 Pilot. I went through all that in 2016 at 115k miles. Finally had the dealer fixed it--replaced shifter cable and realign transmission range switch by dealer ($725)—this fixed problem of difficulty changing gear from neutral.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts