Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 center console "not an ash try" is stuck in the closed position. I can slide it out only about 1/2 inch. How do I open it to clear whatever is jammed inside? This is the ashtray next to the power outlet.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
What do you usually store in it? I have a few plastic car wash cards in there and they sometimes get jammed. It's usually solved by brute force but if that doesn't work you may have to use a little dentist-style mirror to see if there's anything stuck up toward the back top and finesse it out of there with angled needle nose pliers.

Otherwise, you may have to bite the bullet and take the center console apart. This video is one of the best that shows how to do it:

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,042 Posts
Might try using a bent metal coat hanger to dislodge whatever is stuck in there. Then remove the culprit once you get the tray opened.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you usually store in it? I have a few plastic car wash cards in there and they sometimes get jammed. It's usually solved by brute force but if that doesn't work you may have to use a little dentist-style mirror to see if there's anything stuck up toward the back top and finesse it out of there with angled needle nose pliers.

Otherwise, you may have to bite the bullet and take the center console apart. This video is one of the best that shows how to do it:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It was my wife's car for a couple of years so god knows what's in there. I used a bended wire to get some papers out of it but there are still things in there. I will try the mirror tomorrow. She got a Rouge, I got the Pilot (my second). I got the better deal!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, could no fit the mirror in, and did not want to take apart the dash. So applied progressive brute force. Got the ash try out, no damage to it or car. Cracked the lipstick tube that was in there and destroyed the cell-phone ear buds. Coins and 15 dollars in bills survived. Thanks again for advice. By the way, my wife got a Rogue not a Rouge! Love Pilots, best cars I've ever owned.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Glad you got it. Sorry to hear about your wife's rouge lipstick and your wife's Rogue. Hey, but for your troubles you got the best part of the deal: 15 bucks and a Pilot.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I had that happened to two of my new Ashton cigars jammed the bugger closed ..couldn't figure out how they got back there ...it's for those long NY stuck in traffic activities :p

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
"They may look like big ol' doobies but they're really cigars, officer, I swear."

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
"They may look like big ol' doobies but they're really cigars, officer, I swear."
That's funny I always get pulled over from the OPP coming back to the states after visiting my parents :devilish:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts