Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 and live in the Caribbean part of Mexico. Used the third row seats about 6 months ago to take some friends to the beach.. But they've now been folded down on stowed position for 6 months and couldn't get EITHER the small nor large side to come back UP for use yesterday.
Bathed all the areas in wd40 and can see that ALL CABLES are intact and SEEM to be activating the internal lock. Mechanism of the actual pivot point of the seats.. But not desengaging

Finally the small seat "popped" loose and was able to put in up. Large side of the 3rd row I can hear and feel that the mechanism on the far drivers side is "releasing" and can wedge it up a little but the INTERNAL middle side of the large part of the 3rd row seems totally locked.. Just can't figure if it's RUSTED or the cable lock mechanism isn't releasing INSIDE because the actuating "arm" that is pulled by the cable IS MOVING COMPLETELY FORWARD.. it's just NOT RELEASING the internal hinge of the 3rd row driver side seat. .. Although the cable moves the lever 100%,it's just totally in movible...

Was able to pull the 6 bolt off the "small Side" and pull it totally out of the vehicle so to have better access to the the pivot mechanism but for the life of me cannot figure out why it WON'T RELEASE.

NO VIDEOS on the topic that I can find.. Only people fixing their CABLES but my cables are fine... I wish I could see as true schematic of exactly WHAT THE LEVER actuated by the Cable ACTUALLY DOES inside the hinge/pivot mechanism..

At this point I've totally soaked the area with penetrarting liquid... Wondering if I should bang on it with a hammer and screwdriver.. Heat the mechanism up with a torch (probably burn the seat up while I'm at it) or just give up.. Impossible to PULL the 2007 3rd row seat out while it's stuck in folded posotion too as cannot access the front seat/floor bolts as they are totally trapped under they folded seat.

Pretty frustrated and sweaty at this point.. Anyone else who's been through this or has a schematic of the INNER WORKINGS of the lever actuated by the cable much appreciated!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
"Caribbean part of Mexico"

Are you close to a place with a lot of sand, by any chance? Perhaps one or more of your friends had an excessive amount of sand wedged in on the inside of their shorts or swimsuits and unloaded some into your seats.

I understand you bathed everything in copious amounts of WD-40, and normally my response would be, "Still not moving? You're not using enough WD-40!"

However, to quote the Talking Heads Popular Favorites album, you may have...

...in which case you could also try blowing all the nooks and crannies you can get to (in your Pilot's seats, not your passengers') with blasts of compressed air. And wiggle things around as much as you safely can.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Caribbean part of Mexico"

Are you close to a place with a lot of sand, by any chance? Perhaps one or more of your friends had an excessive amount of sand wedged in on the inside of their shorts or swimsuits and unloaded some into your seats.

I understand you bathed everything in copious amounts of WD-40, and normally my response would be, "Still not moving? You're not using enough WD-40!"

However, to quote the Talking Heads Popular Favorites album, you may have...

...in which case you could also try blowing all the nooks and crannies you can get to (in your Pilot's seats, not your passengers') with blasts of compressed air. And wiggle things around as much as you safely can.
For SURE there's 6 pounds of sand in all the nooks and crannies... But the "flying Saucer" disc /hinge seems to be a totally closed system... In THIS case.. At least.. It's our good friend Mr Oxidation.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
So that waft of sea salt in the air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts