Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 2wd, has anyone used the KYB quick struts for a AWD (loaded, 4168 and 4170) application on a 2WD Pilot?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
I believe the question has come up before. While it seems logical you could, I think the conclusion was you can't. Somebody please go ahead and correct me it that's not the case. Rockauto specifies which are for FWD (Front Wheel Drive) and which are for AWD (All Wheel Drive), for instance, and the KYBs are listed only for AWD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe the question has come up before. While it seems logical you could, I think the conclusion was you can't. Somebody please go ahead and correct me it that's not the case. Rockauto specifies which are for FWD (Front Wheel Drive) and which are for AWD (All Wheel Drive), for instance, and the KYBs are listed only for AWD.

DO U KNOW WHERE I COULD FIND OUT WHAT PARTS ARE INTERCHANGEABLE WITH 2003 & 2006 HONDA PILOTS? WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED.....THANX

·
Registered
11,366 Posts
DO U KNOW WHERE I COULD FIND OUT WHAT PARTS ARE INTERCHANGEABLE WITH 2003 & 2006 HONDA PILOTS? WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED.....THANX
I don't mind helping you find the parts you need, but by simply looking at RockAuto's website you can compare part numbers between models. Many parts are 2wd/AWD sensitive. Ultimately I'd use a Honda parts website to verify before you buy. RockAuto is not return friendly when parts are ordered wrong.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You can absolutely use the AWD struts on a 2WD - but your front end will sit about 1-2 inches higher (even after the new coils ‘settle’).

Most people change the rear shocks at the same time and go with stiffer models, which can offset some of the height difference between front and back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts