Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed, or been thinking of installing strut and/or sway bars on their PILOT? I searched a bit, but couldn't find anything, and I'm interested to see if installing these will offer an improvement (if any) to handling....

Thx... :)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
What are you trying to do?

What are you trying to change about the handeling?

The Pilot has sway bars.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had been talking to a friend and this came up. Just basically installing a strut brace (for example), with the hopes of improving handling a drop.

Improving handling is not a project I am taking on. I just figure if I can stiffen up the Pilot, even just a little, the price of a strut / sway brace wouldn't break the bank....

Of course, I would NEVER expect the Pilot to handle, like say, a 3-series BMW, but like I said - if I can "grab" a bit here and there, can't exactly hurt, no? :)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Depends

The strut brace is most critical where tire side loads cause body flex and affect contact patch or alignment.
On the Pilot I would expect that body lean would be a much bigger factor that body flex, and we are not running wide tires that need perfect aliognment, so you might not notice any change. (Except the missing CHANGE from your wallet)!
The sway bars help on road, but hurt off road traction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts