Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, would front struts ( entire assembly ) from a 2012 Pilot fit a 2010?

Was about to buy both front strut assemblies from HondaAutomotivePArts.com but they are discontinued. with no further information.

However, I do know they have in stock 2012-2015 front OEM strut assemblies and based on the photos they appear Identical.

Again, sticking with OEM front strut assemblies. Last resort would be to buy them in parts and piece together. I dont want KYB or Monroe.

Since wife drives the Pilot I want to keep things OEM.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Go to Rock Auto and check out the aftermarket strut part# for both model years and see if they are the same. IMO OEM is best for sensors or electronics etc but optional on struts/shocks. Post what you decide.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to Rock Auto and check out the aftermarket strut part# for both model years and see if they are the same. IMO OEM is best for sensors or electronics etc but optional on struts/shocks. Post what you decide.
Thanks for the suggestion. Truly appreciate it.
used rockauto and compared between 2010 & 2012 and part numbers are a match.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only difference between the full oem front strut assembly on 2010 & 2012 Pilot is the front spring has a different part number.

Shocks, top mount, all mounts are the same. Seems like a no-brainer. I'm going to order the 2012's.

·
Registered
2021 Pilot AWD SE
37 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts

Is it simple to remove and install the Bilstein B6 for a 2010 Pilot?
I have replaced the Ctrl Arm Bushing (both) before and have done some work on my BMW cards before.
Will the Bilstein fit correctly without any alterations ?
Generally if you can remove the Pilot struts/shocks you should be able to reinstall them. I’m not familiar with the Bilstein B6 and TR has no pictures but the description states strut housing which might not have springs. A shop can transfer your springs from your front struts to the new strut housings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts