Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Im ready to tackle the creaking sound which I believe to be the struts. Im having a hard time finding an OEM set and since my wife drives it I want to keep it stock. Ive seen several threads that talk about keeping it original but others said theyve success with aftermarket. Amazon has a TRQ set I was considering. Cany anyone recommend based off their experience?

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
I've used KYB with good results. Bought from RockAuto.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I was thinking of going aftermarket but after my last vehicle I replaced the front struts with Monroe quick struts and the rear shocks with KYB it was like it had to suspension. My girlfriend had to wear a sports bra when we would take my car. so i am afraid to go aftermarket even though it's cheaper lol.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I was thinking of going aftermarket but after my last vehicle I replaced the front struts with Monroe quick struts and the rear shocks with KYB it was like it had to suspension. My girlfriend had to wear a sports bra when we would take my car. so i am afraid to go aftermarket even though it's cheaper lol.
So was it the Monroe or the KYBs that affected the jiggler err GF? Asking for a friend

·
Registered
111 Posts
Lol honestly I don't know I was lucky. It was parked on the street while at work and someone ran into it and it was written off. Sorry no help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, Ive been looking for the KYB struts but they seem sold out everywhere... If anyone can google them better than me please send link!

·
Registered
20 Posts
All I can say is that with my 2013, I had a total nightmare replacing front struts last summer. Two sets of Monroes and one set of KYBs later, still had this crazy thumping noise vibrating through the spring. Not until the shop finally replaced them at their own expense with original Honda struts did the problem disappear. The shop manager said he believed something changed after the 2012 model but after their experience with our Pilot, they would never use anything but the genuine Honda strut again. I've replaced my daughter's Honda Element front struts with Monroe Quick-Struts and they were perfect. But not my 2013 Pilot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts