Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... Trying to replace the alternator and apparently whomever had the pilot before stripped the 19mm tension nut. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the tension off? I'm thinking about JB welding the socket on there. It appears to have enough clearance to just leave it on there. Has anyone done anything in a case like this?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why don’t you just replace the whole tensioner? I think it’s 2 bolts. You’re going to need to replace it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THAT'S THE EASY WAY OUT!!! HA HA HA!
Yes that would be what I will do if I can't get this to work. The tension pulley is fine and doesn't need replacing for any reason but this. I figure if i replace the alternator and the belt, it would be good for a long time...

Why don’t you just replace the whole tensioner? I think it’s 2 bolts. You’re going to need to replace it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
THAT'S THE EASY WAY OUT!!! HA HA HA!
Yes that would be what I will do if I can't get this to work. The tension pulley is fine and doesn't need replacing for any reason but this. I figure if i replace the alternator and the belt, it would be good for a long time...
Go to Honda toss a wad of cash at the parts guy buy a new 19 mm bolt ... take the tensioner off by the two bolts ... walk over IF you have a vise slap it in there and turn..or use a pair of vise grips to remove the bolt . Replace the damaged bolt or put the tensioner back on and replace the bolt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to Honda toss a wad of cash at the parts guy buy a new 19 mm bolt ... take the tensioner off by the two bolts ... walk over IF you have a vise slap it in there and turn..or use a pair of vise grips to remove the bolt . Replace the damaged bolt or put the tensioner back on and replace the bolt.
It's the nut that comes on the pulley. It is part of the bracket, you can't just change it and you can't get leverage without it....

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
It's the nut that comes on the pulley. It is part of the bracket, you can't just change it and you can't get leverage without it....
oh that one ... that's going to be a bugger to get off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts