Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I have a problem streaming videos of my iphone. I think I did all the combinations I can think of still nothing. What I am trying to do is this:
I have Iphone 8 pluss and I bough the apple lighting connector and Hdmi is connected to it. I cant stream netflix , the video loads on the iphone but it is not showing on the screen in the car. When I plug in the apple lighting adapter to my iphone I see just the first screen of my iphone . The only video I can stream is from youtube. If someone could help me what I am doing wrong would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think it may be the app restricting you. I brought my Apple tv in the car and tried to stream a downloaded Amazon Prime movie from my phone to the car, and I got an error saying that it doesn't allow AirPlay and watching downloaded movies. Probably to protect against piracy. If you plug in the HDMI into a tv and it works, the car may be the problem. I doubt the car is having a problem but it doesn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went back to the source and I looked at the apple lighting adapter and I found out that is not supporting Netflix nor amazon. I bought the original apple adapter and its coming tomorrow so I will see if thats it. I found out that not original apple adapters not supporting Netflix . Once I found out tomorrow I will give updates. Thank you very much for respond.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I went back to the source and I looked at the apple lighting adapter and I found out that is not supporting Netflix nor amazon. I bought the original apple adapter and its coming tomorrow so I will see if thats it. I found out that not original apple adapters not supporting Netflix . Once I found out tomorrow I will give updates. Thank you very much for respond.
Hopefully that works! If it works for you then I should try it too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pls do let us know how it goes. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hello,
So I got the Apple lighting adapter and netflix and everything works. Make sure its apple product. enjoy guys :)

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
So, just how could I watch videos like this on our 08 Pilot SE, OEM with DVD, screen, etc. I can still play a DVD, but is there a way to hook it to a laptop for instance? Come to think of it, the laptop screen is bigger than the DVD OEM screen- cold just use that. I coulc make my I phone a hotspot.
Is it possible on an old 08 SE?
TIA

·
Registered
813 Posts
So, just how could I watch videos like this on our 08 Pilot SE, OEM with DVD, screen, etc. I can still play a DVD, but is there a way to hook it to a laptop for instance? Come to think of it, the laptop screen is bigger than the DVD OEM screen- cold just use that. I coulc make my I phone a hotspot.
Is it possible on an old 08 SE?
TIA
What input ports does that Pilot have? I'm going to assume it has the red, white, and yellow A/V ports. You probably could get an adapter for HDMI to A/V if your laptop has HDMI.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
I think it does. We don't really use the video screen anymore now that my sons are grown. It was great on any trips when they were young though.
I'll check when it's back in the garage later. Wife has it out now while I installed a Remote starter on our new to us 2015.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts