Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just met with our local service manager and voiced some concerns about the starting problems being associated with the timing belt. He said unless the timing belt has broken it is highly unlikely that its affecting the starting. He then made the comment that most of the dealers give newbey pilot owners a nifty little metal pilot key chain and this large metal object being so close to the chip in the key was causing interference with the security system.
Try removing the key chain if you have one, see if it resolves the starting issues. Let us know we would be interested to know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
keychain giveaway

When I finally got my Pilot, the dealer gave me 5 Pilot keychains, I suppose he thought that would make up for writing up the price $2,000 wrong, and for the long delay.The keychain was a screwpart at one end, and a turnlatch at the either. It looked sharp! HOWEVER, within days the turnlatch broke and I lost my bank safety deposit key and a house key. I threw the other "free" ones away...

·
Registered
32 Posts
The manual specifically states that you should only use a leather or rubber key fob and not a metal one. Our dealer also gave us a fancy metal key fob, which I promptly threw away after reading the manual that night.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Funny......... I have been reading about the starting and ignition problems with the Pilot. Up until today I had not had a problem and I am not totally sure I did today. Upon starting the Pilot this afternoon and after driving around the city to several places--- I had what seemed to be a long crank before the car started. Pilot has less that 1200 miles. At first I thought I was being paranoid since I have read all the post about the starting problems.

Weird thing is I just changed my key ring 2 days ago ( not honda's key ring) but to one with a metal belt clip.... I think I will go find my old key ring now! Hope this starting ignition problem is as simple as changing my key ring!!!

JT
Redrock EX-L with towing package coming soon

·
Registered
991 Posts
Almost sure it is not the key ring.. Other demons are at work here..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts