Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I didn't notice this until yesterday, but on the right rear third-row window I spotted some strange "lines" on it. This is OEM window and still has the factor logo on the glass.

Picture taken from inside of cargo bay from the trunk hatch:

And yet, there's nothing similar on the left rear third-row seat. No strange "lines" here.

Does anyone have any idea what they're for and why they might only be on one window? Called the master mechanic at the dealership and he's clueless.

Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, radio antennas are showing up etched into the rear glass. If you look over the car, you'll notice there's no antenna whip sticking out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answer!!

Very much appreciated. I thought the radio antenna was integrated into the GPS receiver on the roof...

So much for the "master mechanic" being a "master mechanic"...sheesh.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,046 Posts
Just wait. Now you’re going to notice them on nearly every car out there...

·
Registered
813 Posts
I just checked and my 2020 doesn't have this on the rear glass. Did Honda relocate these antennas for the 2019 refresh?

·
Registered
390 Posts
My 17 touring has it rear passenger side. I though it was a defroster. No need for the rear driver side because I wouldn't be able to see out of it

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
I can't believe I didn't notice this until yesterday, but on the right rear third-row window I spotted some strange "lines" on it. This is OEM window and still has the factor logo on the glass.

View attachment 142868

And yet, there's nothing similar on the left rear third-row seat. No strange "lines" here.
View attachment 142869

Does anyone have any idea what they're for and why they might only be on one window? Called the master mechanic at the dealership and he's clueless.

Thanks!
I knew the answer,
But when I read this? 'Called the master mechanic at the dealership and he's clueless.'

That's scary right there.

If I knew what it was, and I do not work on, or sell, sell parts for, etc. any vehicles for a living, this would really bother me that this 'tech' had no clue?

I now think however, that an alien race has that vehicle marked, and that is part of their landing grid LOL

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
I knew the answer,
But when I read this? 'Called the master mechanic at the dealership and he's clueless.'
That's scary right there.
If I knew what it was, and I do not work on, or sell, sell parts for, etc. any vehicles for a living, this would really bother me that this 'tech' had no clue?
At some shops, the "master" mechanic is simply the oldest guy working there.
It doesn't mean he's the most capable or the most knowledgeable one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts