Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2019 Pilot Touring about one month ago. We have been randomly hearing a "beep" or "hoot" sound coming from the dash area. There is no pattern to it and it may not happen every time you drive. We have tried disconnecting cell phones from bluetooth, turning off the air conditioning and lowering the radio and nothing seems to change it. It happens whether you are using the navigation or not as well. We do not see any indicator lights on the dash or radio. We have brought it back to the dealership and they were unable to figure out what it is. We are going to bring it back again but wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue which would then make it easier to resolve.

I have attached two videos. It can be a little hard to hear but like I said, it's a "beep" or "hoot" sound.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Purchased a 2019 Pilot Touring about one month ago. We have been randomly hearing a "beep" or "hoot" sound coming from the dash area. There is no pattern to it and it may not happen every time you drive. We have tried disconnecting cell phones from bluetooth, turning off the air conditioning and lowering the radio and nothing seems to change it. It happens whether you are using the navigation or not as well. We do not see any indicator lights on the dash or radio. We have brought it back to the dealership and they were unable to figure out what it is. We are going to bring it back again but wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue which would then make it easier to resolve.

I have attached two videos. It can be a little hard to hear but like I said, it's a "beep" or "hoot" sound.

You are not alone. My 2019 Pilot Touring FWD has the same sound every now and then. Took it to dealership few months ago and they could not recreate it in their test drive... The sound does bother me. Now that I know there are more vehicles out there with a similar issue, I am encouraged to take it again and sit with the technician during test drive. I am also noticing intermittent transmission jerk in 30MPH speed range that I need to root cause at dealership.

Pilot purchased in August 2018. Miles so far - 7000 range.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully someone else will join in who has had this issue and was able to get it repaired.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If this occurs while using LKAS, it may be the beep emitted when LKAS is suspended. LKAS is suspended when the system does not recognize the road's lane markings (i.e. passing through an intersection). The suspend beep can be enabled/disabled via the center console's Driver Assist System Setup.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have the same type of sound when driving, since day one. It doesn't seem to affect anything other than a bit annoying. I noticed it did that when lane marking disappeared, like passing an intersection. I raised this question before but didn't see any answer. Who knows what's going on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the same type of sound when driving, since day one. It doesn't seem to affect anything other than a bit annoying. I noticed it did that when lane marking disappeared, like passing an intersection. I raised this question before but didn't see any answer. Who knows what's going on.
See my post (#4) above to eliminate the beep.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Yup! Mine does this same thing. I've been waiting for someone else to mention it. Mine usually does it when I lift up off of the gas pedal, but not consistent enough to take it in. Also, I think its related to the AC. Try turning the AC off and see if yours does it. Mine never has with the AC off..

·
Registered
41 Posts
If this occurs while using LKAS, it may be the beep emitted when LKAS is suspended. LKAS is suspended when the system does not recognize the road's lane markings (i.e. passing through an intersection). The suspend beep can be enabled/disabled via the center console's Driver Assist System Setup.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
I'm not using the LKAS....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have it as well. Only hear the noise when lifting foot from accelerator. It's not a beep. It sounds like a note whistle that only lasts a half second. 2019 Elite

·
Registered
8 Posts

Yes, I have the same sound occurring with my 2019 Pilot (Touring). I posted a query on another thread and someone directed me to yours to listen to the video. Mine only occurs on deceleration, coasting, or as I ease my foot off the gas pedal. Never on accelerating. Someone suggested it might be a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I have noticed it when taking your foot off the gas as well. Also it has not happened with the a/c off like someone else has mentioned. Has anyone had it happened with the a/c off?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok. I am going to forward this thread to our dealer and see what their thoughts are. I’ll post their response.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't taken apart our dash yet so I don't know how the HVAC is controlled but if it is still using a vacuum system something could be leaking and that would sound like this. Cars used to use vacuum lines to move a series of baffles/dampeners to control the cabin temperature like in this video (with ridiculous robot narration):
. Your service manager or a tech on here should be able to rule that out pretty easily if the new Pilots use electric baffle controls.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you to "hert421" for the video. I was able to play it for my dealer's maintenance director and several of his technicians when I couldn't replicate the sound with them in person today. At least it gave me some credibility! As luck would have it, the car was making the same sound all morning while I was driving around town. Stop & go neighborhood driving, mostly between 20 and 50 mph. Temp in the low 90s (F), humid, AC on constantly, only occurred as I lightened my foot-pressure to the gas pedal. Never happens when the AC is running. I took it to the dealer, confident that I could replicate the noise in their presence this (3rd) visit, for sure. They were busy when I arrived. An hour later, we had a torrential thunderstorm hit...just as the mechanic was available for a test drive. Rain on the roof was far too loud to hear anything - if indeed the noise was occurring then. Also, the outside temp dropped about 25 degrees. Tail between my legs, I drove home. No sounds then either - thankfully, I suppose. The dealer offered to keep the car overnight next week to investigate more. I plan to try again. Will post anything worth reporting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You guys are mentioning low throttle, coasting, or decelerating...

Could you problem be VCM related? Something to do with the actuation of the solenoid that would cause an electrical interference?

Just a thought!
Stephan

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 37 Posts