Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, who else loves the new picture of the Pilot with stormtroopers standing on the sidesteps! I love it! good pick for the front page!

:29:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I do, in fact I saw episode 2 on he Imax last night, pretty nice. The sound was amazing

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great photo !! but to play vaders advocate i think you should do the same with a silver pilot and get some of the imperial guards in the red suits for the red pilot !!! get workin on that !!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks guys. As a resident of Florida, I thought about where I could get a picture of my pilot that would be interesting. I don't live near the beach, I can't drive up to the castle at Disney, palm trees are everywhere now....what to do.

Then I remembered the photos we took coming back from shooting a film project.

I am the trooper on the Driver's side with the Orange Shoulder Pauldron. I belong to the 501st Stormtrooper Legion, Florida Garrison ( www.fl501st.com).

We are a group of costumers with Imperial Star Wars Costumes. We have mostly stormtroopers but also Darth Vaders, Bounty Hunters, Clone Troopers, Biker Scouts, Emperors and more.

In Florida, we attend about 50-60 events a year helping raise money for Charity, visiting sick kids in hospitals, attending conventions and movie premiers as well as store promotions for Star Wars merchandise.

We have raised close to $10,000 for charity in Florida this year, including our current Troops for Tots toy drive partnered with the Toys for Tots drive.

Lucasfilm recognizes us and will direct you to the 501st if you need Star Wars characters at your fundraisers or promotions. We all volunteer and do not charge for our appearances. For Product promotions and store events, we may ask for a donation to a charity (Make a Wish Foundation is our Primary in Florida) for us to appear.

Worldwide, we have over 2000 members in all 50 states and many countries. Most of the people involved are professionals that remember the first Star Wars in the theaters back in 1977. Each costume is professional quality and hand built. Stormtrooper armor is constructed by vacuforming .090 ABS Plastic into the required parts. We also have amplifiers and speakers in the helmets so we can talk with folks, fans to keep us cool and radios so we can communicate at a distance at events. I have almost $1200 into my Stormtrooper armor.

Thanks for the comments on the picture. Hope the additional info answers the questions you may have.

·
Registered
307 Posts
were you in Indy in may...I may have seen you :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hey GL...
Checked out your website (can't get there from H-P.org front page pic post :( and the [email protected] link doesn't work either).
It's a good thing you're doing... :6: :6:

·
Registered
465 Posts
That is just too cool!

Going to eat some :lurk: now, cause I feel like I'm at the movies!

·
Registered
65 Posts
GLJones, you had to go all the way to Tampa for the IMAX viewing? What happened to the Muvico Pointe Orlando IMAX, is it no longer there? I'm planning to see it too but if I have to drive all the way to Tampa, I guess I'm SOL. Anyway, love the costume.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Very cool ... great picture too !

:29: to you !

PrG

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Nothing better than to serve something greater than ourselves !

PrG

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Muvico theater removed their IMAX equipment. Don't know why.

We trooped at both the MOSI and Channelside IMAX theaters, MOSI on Thursday night and Channelside on Saturday.

Jerry

crikey said:
GLJones, you had to go all the way to Tampa for the IMAX viewing? What happened to the Muvico Pointe Orlando IMAX, is it no longer there? I'm planning to see it too but if I have to drive all the way to Tampa, I guess I'm SOL. Anyway, love the costume.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Jerry, great pic! You should bring your Troop to the 4th Annual Big Hondacura 4x4 Scrub in St. Augustine this February (see link in my sig line below for details). That would be freaking hilarious!!! BTW, since you're in O-Town, let me know if you (or any other Piloters in central Fla) want to go (light) off-roading. There are lots of great trails at the Withlacoochee State Forest.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My six year old just dropped what he was doing and ran over to the screen. What a great shot. I think he wants it posterized.

·
Registered
698 Posts
GLJones said:
Thanks for the comments on the picture. Hope the additional info answers the questions you may have
I think this is wonderful GLJ. Very impressive.

May the force be with you...
...while you live long and prosper.

I like Pilots AND Sci-Fi,
CopperPoppy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts