Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 months ago on a hot day 102+ stop on hwy. i fill water, it start to run . no problem for another 200 miles. 2 weeks later, it stop again on hwy, i put water, start another 20 miles. Then died for gas. I fill gas strart to run. stop frequently. i put water and run slowly45 mph run to another 30 miles. Nexr day , i rive to local mechanics it stop every 5 minutes. mechanics told me, nothing wrong. some leak put some sealent . I drive again. it stop. I tow to shop. i did not start again until yesterday , after 2 months, start and run 20 min but stop again. leak is visible. What can i do?

·
Banned
379 Posts
If your head gasket is leaking, change the head gasket. Don't use those additives that "seal" your gasket, they don't work. You're mixing fluids with a bad head gasket. I'd check the oil if I were you, probably nice and watery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your head gasket is leaking, change the head gasket. Don't use those additives that "seal" your gasket, they don't work. You're mixing fluids with a bad head gasket. I'd check the oil if I were you, probably nice and watery.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I checked The oil and Coolent, are clear. Mechanics suggested ,that it leak out site, driver side front, Head Gasket, Visible to anyone eye. But Mechanics or me, neither, did not know other side of the head(back) Gasket. Mechanics only suggested front head Gasket, Leaked, only to change. But, Ask me change other 500$ more. My Big Question is. Why is Stop 5 minutes later? Engine Rotation, sound, became slow and suddenly Stop. Is it Fuel pump, Dirty Air Filter, pcv Valve, Thermostat. Timing Belt, Water pump ? please give me some advise! I am really appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Two months ago, on a hot day 102+ degree F, stop on hwy 17, NO Sign in dash board. help of other push the Honda pilot on Site of the road. I filled water , Honda start to run . no problem for another 200 miles. no other sign of stop. 2 weeks later, it stop again on hwy 237, I put water, start another 20 miles. Then died for gas, out of GAS, on Hwy 101AAA, fill The gas. Honda strart to run again. But with in 10 miles, HOnda started to stop on Hwy, frequently, every 5 miles, 65 mph. alwwys I put water and run slowly, 45 mph, run to another 30 miles. Nexr day , I ride to local mechanics. Honda Stop every 5 minutes. mechanics told me, nothing wrong. some Head gasket leak. ask me to put some sealant. after, 2 Weeks, I drove again. it stop. Honda did not started again to ride, momentarly started. I towed to shop. Even, Honda completly died, did not start again. Mechanic did not why it does not start? He Gave me 3 option, 1. dump the car 2. Fixed the Head Gasget for 2000 $$. 3. Find another used engine to replace the engine, 1200 $. I visited to Engine world, for engine, 1000$. But, I notice a customer return the second time. So , I walk away. I found some other engine in criglist, No History of Engine, no millage and no warranty no carfax report for 600 $. Finaly, I found in pick pull an roll over engine for 300$. later , I Found car fax , 40.00$, 230 000 miles. I placed the engine to mechanic shop. But Honda Will Start until Friday, Oct 18,2019. Suddenly after after 2 months, I start The Honda Pilot, It Start and run around 20 minutes normal, no sound, no sign in dash board. Again, It stop again. Radiater water is very Clear, But, cup, 12 oz, water leak passenger side front corner. Mechanics asked me that , did you open the reservoir, I did open, refill the water to max Level. Radiator water level fine. I notice, I press the radiater hose, some bables come. Head Gasget Leak is visible. What can i do? Please help me! also , i am in tight situation. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts