Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I’m wondering what size is the stock subwoofer in a 2013 pilot. I’ve been looking all over and haven’t been able to find it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hi - I’m wondering what size is the stock subwoofer in a 2013 pilot. I’ve been looking all over and haven’t been able to find it.
The sub woofer is a single unit. I don't think you can just drop in a new driver into the unit; it has to be replaced as a whole.

BOX ASSY., SUBWOOFER (PANASONIC) 39120-SZA-A81 (LX, EX, EX-L)
Touring uses a Foster subwoofer, part # 39120-SZA-A91

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is actually quite involved to put an aftermarket subwoofer in. You can’t do a direct replacement because the enclosure is super small and it will mess with the ANC because the ANC is calibrated to the stock subwoofer. I installed one in my 2015 EX. The LEAST that you can do to put one in is
1. Purchase amp, sub of your choice, wiring kit.
2. Figure out wiring diagram, attached
3. Remove head unit and splice into left and right rear speakers. (Pain in the butt but aftermarket stereos don’t fit) this is the worst part
4. Remove a lot of trim and run power cable and signal wires to rear of vehicle (on opposite sides) from battery.
5. Disable front ANC by snipping the white wire under the sunglasses case. Disable rear ANC by unplugging the rear ANC (harder than a chemical engineering exam because you have to do it blind) or just cut the wires if you don’t think you want ANC back. Honestly it is not that noticeable so cutting is what I would do if I did it again. If you don’t disable ANC, your sub will play a low pitch sound at max volume so it needs to be disabled.
6. I removed the single 3rd row seat and built an enclosure that made it look like the seat was just folded down.

All said and done it took me about every night for 2 weeks and about 600$

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts