Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2013 EXL/nav and I am trying to get info on the stock stereo. Anyone know what the power output is on this unit? From past posts, I have been lead to believe that it is made by Alpine. I am in the process of adding some Polk component speakers to the front and some coax to the rear doors. Yes I have disconnected the ANC. Just curious if the stock stereo will have enough power or if I will end up installing a line out converter and amp to power the doors.

·
Registered
694 Posts
It it has navigation, it means it has a factory external amp. Now if you looks at the sticker on the amp. it has practically zero info, aside from "Speaker: 4Ohm/2Ohm"
It is fed by a 30A circuit, (so about 420W input power) and being a class D amp, practical efficiency being around 78%, we are talking about total 325W RMS output. This is to drive the door speaker, the sub, the rear pillar speakers, and the center speaker. If your EXL is only 7-speaker, (no rear pillar or center speaker), you can have a bit more power for the door speakers. I would say it should have no problem driving 50W door speakers, but if want something in 70+W range, you will likely need an aftermarket amp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thank you for the info. I have an EXL with navigation. So I have 6 speakers with a sub in the rear making 7. I did see a post online about being able to remove the factory amplifier and replacing it with a small amp utilizing the stock wiring in the Honda.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts