Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just got my pilot over the weekend in L.A. I was wondering if it's possible to install an aftermarket stereo sys. at the lower tray (below the temp controls) and at the same time keep the stock radio unit?

Reason being is the stock stereo system takes up two slots and has cassette player. So I would like to keep it just for looks and for the radio/cassette tapes while I could use my aftermaket unit for my CD's only?! Does anyone know if that's possible? Or will I have to take out one or the other?!

I presume the empty slot under the temp controller is for hondas' dvd or indash cd changer?

G

·
Registered
176 Posts
Odd request...

If I understand you, you want the TAPE & RADIO function of the built-in unit to work with an aftermarket CD player.

While I won't say this can't be done, this would not be an easy task.The stock unit has no pre-amp OUT, it is a typical integrated "all-in-one device". If you went into the electronic guts you could probably extract a pre-amp level output. The probelm would be in CONTROLLING the unit. You would have to either have a really messed up set of procedures for patching things together OR build a cusotm control device to run the built-in from the add-on, something that basically nobody would do, because for all the money/time it would take to do, you could have a KILLER custom component system and CUSTOM fabricated dash trim, so it looks totally BUILT_IN.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts