Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw an EX Starlight Silver with chrome stock wheels. They looked really sharp. The owner must have had the wheels dipped or bought them aftermarket already chromed because I'm not aware of this being an option from Honda. As more Pilots hit the road, I can't wait to see how people customize their ride to make it stand out from the others. People will have to be creative because I don't anticipate too many Pilots with 4" suspension lifts riding on 33" tires. Hmmm.....

·
Registered
664 Posts
Get a picture of that next time. Sounds interesting.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I love the look of chrome wheels but they don't mix well with road salt. I had them on my Mountaineer (chome plated steel). They looked great (even with the rust). I probably should have waxed them but I was used to carefree aluminum and there I will stay.

I did find that Cobra makes these wheel wipes that clean both chrome and aluminum wheels amazingly well. They cut right through the brake dust buildup.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I checked with a wheel dealer and he told me it would be $600 to $700 to have my wheels chromed. would this also make them heavier?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Absolutely !

PrG

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Heavier wheels

No, I think any change in weight would be compensated by you lighter wallet! :)

The amount of chrome that goes on the wheel s is minimal.

They have to polish them to take the chrome so they end up taking a bit of alloy off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Honda Chrome Wheels - Accessory

There was a dealer selling (no affiliation) a Honda Chrome Wheel as an accessory on ebay about a week ago. He even had the label available--the part number was 08W16-S9V-100B and it was Pilot specific (16"). I tried to get more info about this wheel from either of the nearest Honda dealers in my neighbourhood (just east of Toronto) and they confirmed it is American Honda only. The pic he posted "looked" good--just wondered if anyone had actually seen one. Retail was apparently $ 339.00 each. American Honda has just announced in Autoweek some "factory packages" that the dealer installs (seemingly a contradiction in terms to me) for the Accord and the Civic and the pic looks like it has the chrome wheels. Has anyone seen this wheel and how does it look?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
BillR said:
I love the look of chrome wheels but they don't mix well with road salt.
I'm with you. It seems sometimes here in Michigan that we get a half inch of snow and they spread an inch of salt on the roads. Chrome wheels look great in the summer, but they really take a beating in the winter! I had chrome wheels on an F150, and there was just no stopping the rust!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Chrome wheels

In Ontario, we have just the same issues with road salt in the winter. I have had no problem with General Motors chromed aluminum wheels - they do not rust. I am wondering if the wheels offered by Honda as an accessory for the Pilot are chromed aluminum or steel. Does anyone know? I can't ask my Honda dealer because Honda Canada does not offer these wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts