Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 EX-L RES
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to wash and wax our 09 today...we bought it 5 months ago and have really enjoyed it for 5k miles so far (192k total on it) hauling our 2 kids around Central Florida.

Even though it has literally no modifications to the exterior and is indeed a family vehicle I think it looks so sharp!

Hoping to keep it on the road a lot longer!
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Looks great! Sharp color and I always loved those wheels on the early 2nd gens.

Tell us what kind of products you use, the detailing geek in me always loves to know what products help produce such results.

·
Registered
2009 EX-L RES
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great! Sharp color and I always loved those wheels on the early 2nd gens.

Tell us what kind of products you use, the detailing geek in me always loves to know what products help produce such results.
Thanks! I have to admit typically I just use a little spray wax type item as I dry vehicles, so this was a first time using an actual paste wax. It was a bit annoying to put on and buff off, but then again who am I kidding I enjoy the whole process of tinkering with vehicles and even cleaning/detailing anyway.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Nice! I hope the longevity is there... nothing shines like a carnauba wax but they aren't known to be the most durable.

I've been a really big Collinite 845/Opti Seal combo fan but I'm going to make the switch to one of the Turtle Wax products, I'm thinking the Graphene Flex Wax. The longevity as a spray on products is insane and the ability to use it as a drying aid to refresh/build up the protection is really appealing with my limited availability to do the whole gamut.

Reactions: Ledfordj22

·
Registered
2009 EX-L RES
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! I hope the longevity is there... nothing shines like a carnauba wax but they aren't known to be the most durable.

I've been a really big Collinite 845/Opti Seal combo fan but I'm going to make the switch to one of the Turtle Wax products, I'm thinking the Graphene Flex Wax. The longevity as a spray on products is insane and the ability to use it as a drying aid to refresh/build up the protection is really appealing with my limited availability to do the whole gamut.
Yeah I am not counting on it lasting as long as other products. I bought this wax to put on a car I am selling and wanted to make it look awesome, so decided to just use it on the Pilot as well and see how it looked. I’ll enjoy it for a couple weeks anyway haha!

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Yeah I am not counting on it lasting as long as other products. I bought this wax to put on a car I am selling and wanted to make it look awesome, so decided to just use it on the Pilot as well and see how it looked. I’ll enjoy it for a couple weeks anyway haha!
Well it looks fantastic!

Reactions: Ledfordj22

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use Meguiars headlight spray clear coat, for plastic headlights. .
after polishing the cover spray on the coating. It lasts about 10 months, so no hazing or clouding of
the plastic.
I recommend 1 heavy coat instead of the instruction's 2 coats, seems to lay down better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts