Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do a lot of off roading in my gen 1 Pilot. I have a 2.5” lift 30” AT tires and a 9000lbs winch. I wanna get a little more ground clearance but putting stiffer springs in. Anyone know where I can get stiffer springs that are the same length? Or anyway of getting same length stiffened springs?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
382 Posts
I have no relevant information to help you to solve your issues, but would you mind posting a picture of how you mounted your winch? I’m curious how it looks! And I’ve never seen one installed on a Pilot.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no relevant information to help you to solve your issues, but would you mind posting a picture of how you mounted your winch? I’m curious how it looks! And I’ve never seen one installed on a Pilot.
So I actually have my winch mounted in what would be the flat down rowing receiver. I would take a picture but my car is parked outside with no lighting and it just got dark. I can’t take a picture in the morning. I’m not sure which years can but my Pilot is towable flat down for situations like towing behind a motorhome. So we used the subframe mounted bar to mount the winch on.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I do a lot of off roading in my gen 1 Pilot. I have a 2.5” lift 30” AT tires and a 9000lbs winch. I wanna get a little more ground clearance but putting stiffer springs in. Anyone know where I can get stiffer springs that are the same length? Or anyway of getting same length stiffened springs?
For the rear springs they might have to be custom made. Some lifted Pilot owners have added air bags to the rear springs to correct suspension sag under heavy load (Firestone W237604135 coil-rite kit). What lift kit did you use? A frame-mounted winch would be best but uni-body frames pose some challenges so the sub-frame makes sense. Interested to know how well your winch has performed and looks like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.