Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just got my wife a 2012 pilot. We cant seem to get her galaxy note10 to play through the stereo. Any suggestions? We got the auxiliary hooked up but no sound

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it out. Their were options under the phone link that gave u a code for ur phone to sync it. Thanks for the ideas!

·
Registered
2015 Honda Pilot EX
26 Posts
I figured it out. Their were options under the phone link that gave u a code for ur phone to sync it. Thanks for the ideas!
Please explain... I never got any of my android devices to play... been using thumb drives... complete PITA

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please explain... I never got any of my android devices to play... been using thumb drives... complete PITA
On my 2012 I pushed the "setup" button. It should then give u options. Go to "phone setup" then connection. It should give u what u need to connect from their.
On my 2012, I pushed to the "setup" button. Then select the "phone setup" button. Then "connection". It should set u up from their

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Honda Pilot EX
26 Posts
On my 2012 I pushed the "setup" button. It should then give u options. Go to "phone setup" then connection. It should give u what u need to connect from their.

On my 2012, I pushed to the "setup" button. Then select the "phone setup" button. Then "connection". It should set u up from their
Gotcha, going to give it a shot... now, this is directly wired into the USB dongle right? Not via Bluetooth? Because I can get it to play through Bluetooth, I’m just making sure you meant through AUX usb

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
You won't be able to access music on your Android phone through the USB port. The USB expects a simple storage device with specific formatting (FAT32), with no flexibility to change that. The Bluetooth access is your only practical option.

There's always the lowest-tech audio-only analog option with a cable from the headphone jack on your phone to the aux audio in port in the center box, but there's no control link so all of that happens on your phone screen only.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Oh sorry. No i couldnt get it to play through usb
From the phone or a correctly-formatted USB stick?

Can I recommend, without sounding rude, that you spend some time with the Owners Manual? Mine (Touring) came with a second detailed manual just for the entertainment systems. Don't know which trim level you have, so some of the details may not apply to your car. But the basic stuff is covered in detail.

The various manuals are available in 'smart' PDF format for download from Honda if you don't want to wade through the paper copy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You won't be able to access music on your Android phone through the USB port.
I wonder if this is different for iPhone and Android? When I plug my iPhone in via USB cable, and set the radio to USB/AUX, it plays music directly off of my iPhone.

Unless I'm mistaken about what you're talking about, in which case, sorry!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I wonder if this is different for iPhone and Android? When I plug my iPhone in via USB cable, and set the radio to USB/AUX, it plays music directly off of my iPhone.

Unless I'm mistaken about what you're talking about, in which case, sorry!
USB connectivity in a 2012 Pilot supports iPod. (owner manual pages 265-273). An iPhone can present itself as an iPod if needed.

Supposedly there is an iPod emulation app for Android:

But it is rather a hack and you need to solder up a special cable in order to make it work.

If you want to play music stored on your Android phone, might want to get an app like RocketPlayer (works with Android Auto as well)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Gotta ask -- Why don't you just use the bluetooth Handfree Link and call it a day? The available charge current through the USB port is very limited so no advantage there to get music plus charging. I added a QI-capable cable-less charging cradle and use the BT option. iPhone, though it works as well with Android phones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts