Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2007 honda pilot and am putting in a new stereo but can't figure out what the 3rd plug is for? Is it for the trunk subwoofer?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
You will lose the factory subwoofer with a new stereo, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
89 Posts
Hello I have a 2007 honda pilot and am putting in a new stereo but can't figure out what the 3rd plug is for? Is it for the trunk subwoofer?
You must add a small amp for the rear subwoofer and use audio cables that plug to the back of the head unit and it goes to the new amp and hook speaker wires to amp

·
Registered
694 Posts
Please be more specific. What car trim (Navigation or not), what model head unit, and the harness model.

Factory head (non-Nav) has an amplifier for the OEM sub, which is only 50W. (2 Ohm) If needed, this sub can be powered by a small amp powered from accessory outlet.
Another option is to upgrade in-door speakers to something with better frequency response (Kicker has some 6.5" 2-way speakers that spec 40Hz-20k range) and forget factory sub.
Or you can opt to upgrade the sub and install a dedicated amp like the poster above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I figured it out guys my new kickers are on the way from Crutchfield and I was able to install my new radio it's just a little cheapie but I think I got it to fit fairly nicely

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts