Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Steering wheel

Hi - I have a super basic 2015 Pilot LX. It has no navigation, etc. I'm having a really hard time finding a new stereo receiver that would be an upgrade to what I have. Currently, for example, I can see that I'm listening to WKRP 88.5 but it doesn't show the name of the song or artist. I also can listen to music on the stereo through my iPhone, but for navigation, I have to look at my phone b/c it won't transfer to my Pilot's screen.

The dealership said they have no options, and the audio center they sent me to also couldn't find anything. I searched the forums here but if there was a post, I missed it.

Has anyone had luck upgrading to a new stereo and if so, can you share intel? Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think not seeing the artist info isn't because of the radio, unless it was purposely disabled in the LX. You've got the RDS icon lit up, which leads me to think it is supported in the LX as it is in my EX. Even the station I usually listen to occasionally has issues where RDS is lit, but there's no info.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The audio unit in 2012-15 Pilot has this shaped front panel which makes it non-double-DIN compliant. It also integrates the climate controls display, so removing the unit means you will lose that...
About the only viable option is to leave the factory audio in place, connected to power but disconnected from speakers, and install something into the top module - which is a highly custom job.
This is what I did in my '2013 EX:

I used an Alpine ILX-207 cause I already had one lying around. Otherwise I would probably go with something like a Pioneer DMH-C5500NEX or DMH-WT7600NEX, which would be a much easier install due to its modular nature and a larger screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts